1 reply to this topic

#1 Michael999

Michael999

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hi,

I don't know who your target user group is or whether I am typical but for me, as a new user, what is missing are the fundamentals.

Your front page states . . . . Home users make backup copies of their game CDs and movie DVDs*, allowing the kids to treat multimedia disks roughly, without destroying their value. . . . .

I have (free) access to numerous programmes that copy CD's so as a prospective purchaser I want to know what extra Alcohol 120 will give me for my money; I want to know what Alcohol will do that other programmes will not do?

After trying other programmes to copy my CD without success I went looking for a programme that would succeed and was willing to pay for that technology. I am still no sure exactly what I have purchased (yes I know I should have done that before I purchased). Forgive me if this post is sounding critical, I want to make a constructive suggestion rather than a critique. What I would like to read in the sales blurb was something like . . . . 'other software makes a logical image of the programme on the CD, our software goes past the logical structure to make an exact image by recording a byte by byte copy of the physical entity bypassing any code designed to prevent copying.' I would also like to see something in the help files that tells me how to do it and tells me what I will be able to do and more importantly what I will not be able to do.

Thanks

Michael

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hello Michael,

Did you watch the informational video on this page http://shop.alcohol-...n/about_120.php

The FAQ section on the main web site may also answer the majority of your questions http://support.alcoh...owledgebase.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users