• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 comradesean

comradesean

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

I'm trying to back up a SecuROM 5.03.06.0041 protected disk. I don't think I'll have issues with that, but when I go to the Image Making Wizard it only presents me with the Maximum option under Read Speed and Measuring Speed. My drive is a Plextor PX-760A. Does anyone know why this is/how to fix it? I've tried multiple versions and I'm on the latest right now.

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:36 PM

Can you post a system report from within Alcohol please? Also does Alcohol present lower speeds with other discs?

#3 comradesean

comradesean

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:56 PM

Can you post a system report from within Alcohol please? Also does Alcohol present lower speeds with other discs?

I just tried an unprotected CD, an audio CD and a DVD and the dropdown still only listed maximum for read speed.

Edited by Charalambos, 07 March 2016 - 08:44 PM.
Removing system report

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:48 PM

Well, from the system report it is evident that your drive is supported by Alcohol. Can you uninstall and reinstall Alcohol? Also test with another software (Nero, ImgBurn (freeware) or any other) if you can set the reading speed to less than maximum.

#5 comradesean

comradesean

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:35 AM

Well, from the system report it is evident that your drive is supported by Alcohol. Can you uninstall and reinstall Alcohol? Also test with another software (Nero, ImgBurn (freeware) or any other) if you can set the reading speed to less than maximum.

Yeah, CDManipulator and Daemon Tools Ultra both allow me to run at 4x speed. I've uninstalled alcohol several times so far. I've also tried uninstalling the device drivers and reinstalling it with no success. Could having SecuROM installed at some point be interfering with this? I've since purged it from my machine.

On another note, I've got a second px760a that I put into an old Dell workstation running Windows XP and it's functioning fine.

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

You mean it is functioning fine with Alcohol? Then there may be a problem with Alcohol and Windows 7 and even other OSes regarding the speed setting. I think this is something for the Development Team to have a look into. 

#7 comradesean

comradesean

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

You mean it is functioning fine with Alcohol? Then there may be a problem with Alcohol and Windows 7 and even other OSes regarding the speed setting. I think this is something for the Development Team to have a look into. 

yeah, the windows xp machine is. I'd do a fresh install of Windows 7 to test it, but it's not really an option for me right now.

#8 Miekiships  

Miekiships  

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

I am not quiet sure about it  :unsure:

#9 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team