Photo

rmps emulation windows 10 no longer support ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 detour12

detour12

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:45 AM

Hi

I was told it is no longer support of but i have made a copy on a windows 8 machine a cd i was a lot and works fine on that but i can't use it in windows 10 since it is no option in windows 10 anymore. is there anything i else can do?  the cd is pretty pricey about 399.00 

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

Unfortunatelly Windows 10 doesn't allow Alcohol's emulation capabilities to work. The only thing you can do is using the CD copy in a VM with an older operating system (on which you must have Alcohol installed of course).

#3 detour12

detour12

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:01 PM

i have made a copy of boardmaker i have used the backup on my real laptop and it launches fine but i am on windows 10 and since this discounted the RMPS i can no longer use that so i made a virtual macine instaled vista i was able to install boardmaker from the backup cd but i am unable to open the cd i am getting an message 

unable to authenticate original disk within  time limit 

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

Try to make a new image of the CD on the Vista virtual machine and mount it to an Alcohol's virtual drive. You may also try to install Windows 8 on the virtual machine if you have it available (since the backup CD worked on Windows 8). Also what VM supervisor do you use? VMware/VMware Player or Virtual Box are the recommended ones (don't forget to install the guest extensions!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users