Photo

Rectify Sub-Channel Data (Error Correction) not working

DAO bad burning quality error correction not working rectifiy sub-channel data SAO

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Anakin94

Anakin94

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:06 PM

Hi,

I have a problem with the burning quality of Alcohol 120%.

At first i'm using the Free Edition 2.1.0 (Build 20601) and i have an LG BH10LS38 Burner.

I wanted to backup a PS1 game "Road Rash".

The disc has some scratches, but there were no read errors at the dumping progress.

I've burned the game with the "DAO / SAO" mode and the "Rectify Sub-Channel Data" was enabled for the error correction.

After it finished, i checked the disc with Nero Disc Speed and there were many yellow sectors.

I tried again with a CD-RW disc and get the same result.

I also tried to disable the option "Rectify Sub-Channel Data", but again the same result.

Then i tried different write methods, like "TAO", "RAW-DAO", "RAW-SAO".

Also with the same result.

To check it's not the problem with my burner, i tried another burning software "UltraISO".

I've burned it with Disc-at-Once mode and after i checked it with Nero Disc speed, they were no yellow sectors, all is green.

The problem should be with Alcohol 120%.

It looks like that Alcohol burn with every option at RAW mode.

Can someone check that?

Thanks.

Result with Alcohol 120%

ResultAlcohol120_t.gif

Result with UltraISO

ResultUltraISO_t.gif

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:49 PM

Sub-Channel data have nothing to do with error correction, they are additional data that are present on some copy-protected discs (including the PS1 ones). Are you sure what the yellow sectors are in Nero Disc Speed? They can not all be bad sectors. Did you checked the disc made with Alcohol if it works? Also try to dump it and check if there are any read errors, if there aren't then the disc must be good.

#3 Anakin94

Anakin94

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:20 PM

Sub-Channel data have nothing to do with error correction, they are additional data that are present on some copy-protected discs (including the PS1 ones).

At first thank you for your reply. ^_^

I know that it contains data for the copy protection, like for LibCrypt.

But i was thinking that it also contains data for the error correction, which is also needed for some copy protections which have extra bad sectors.

Because i know that they are saved if the Drive can do the RAW reading mode at the dumping process.

Are you sure what the yellow sectors are in Nero Disc Speed? They can not all be bad sectors. Did you checked the disc made with Alcohol if it works? Also try to dump it and check if there are any read errors, if there aren't then the disc must be good.

Yes i know what yellows sectors are.

They are damaged sectors, which are correctable with the error correction by the drive.

Red sectors are bad sectors which cannot be corrected.

The dumping process was without errors.

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:36 PM

Error Correction data are different than the sub-channel data, they are stored in a different place. If the dumping process was without errors then the disc must be good. You can also try to burn a disc with Alcohol and another burner to check if the same thing happens. May be the Development Team can have a look at that, I don't know, I am just a volunteer.

#5 Anakin94

Anakin94

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:17 PM

I think i will try to get another burner.

But that's strange because the result is fine with UltraISO.

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:24 PM

Perhaps UltraISO burns the disc in a different way? Who knows...

#7 Anakin94

Anakin94

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:20 PM

Now i have a Pioneer DVR-217BK and the burning result is fine. ^_^ 

Don't know why Alcohol don't like my LG Burner.

#8 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for the information. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users