3 replies to this topic

#1 dojigiri

dojigiri

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:45 PM

After installing the Alcohol Trial version it started causing BSODs (not only in alcohol, but in any DVD burning software that tried to access CD/DVD drives, ie. both Clone CD and Ashampoo also crashed whereas they worked before I installed Alcohol).

Therefore I uninstalled the Alcohol via the uninstaller, but the other software still crashed. I found out that I might need to also uninstall something called "SPTD". Therefore I downloaded the SPTD unintaller (otherwise there was no option in the system to uninstall it) and used it to uninstall the SPTD.

Since then, my Windows installation doesn't boot, always running into BSOD "BOOT DEVICE INACCESSIBLE" during the bootup. So far I wasn't albe to recover, as it doesn't boot even into the Safe Mode (still the same error). Also tried some repair option, Automatic Repair says it cannot repair, also no restore is possible because no restore is found. However in the repair command line the Windows files are visible and accessible on the disk (the main disk is SSD).

The OS version is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1903. The system boot seems to be damaged somehow. Does anyone know how to fix this, I REALLY REALLY don't want to reinstall the whole Windows and spend the next 7 days (to restore all apps and configuration) with it just because I dared to try out this software.

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:12 PM

I answered to your other post, it wasn't clear what your problem was there. Perhaps there is an incompatibility between this version of Windows 10 and SPTD. Try to use a Windows PE disc/usb stick as I write in the other thread and an offline registry editor that you can find by searching the web in order to delete any remains of SPTD entries in the registry, if there are any. I don't know anything else you can do, if you can't boot into Windows the best thing to try is a repair install from a Windows 10 disc, this won't erase your apps but you will loose your Windows Updates. If you don't have a Windows 10 disc you can make one with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool: http://go.microsoft..../?LinkId=691209. I only don't know if you can choose the exact version of Windows 10 that you want.

#3 dojigiri

dojigiri

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:11 AM

Yeah, booting from WinPE and using offline regedit to remove all the Alcohol and SPTD entries worked, the system booted up again  :) 

In particular I think it was mostly because of the SPTD entries, there were about 3 of them left under some SYSTEM keys that I was cleaning out.

Thanks for your help and for the hints. I'm not sure I'll have enough courage to try again ... although I know how to fix it eventually now :lol:

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:32 PM

Do as you wish, the important thing is that you solved your problem and as I write in the other thread I'm really glad for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users