continuous reboot

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Trial User_joe_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_joe_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:16 PM

installed trial 120, rebooted system. computer never fully loads up now, just keeps rebooting. reinstalled windows xp pro. about to reinstall 120 after i recieve a response on what i can to to avoid this happeneing again and why it did in the first place. thanks

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

Which is your OS and which version of Alcohol did you tried to install? Who is the vendor of your system- is it Dell perhaps? Did you have your OS updated with all of the Windows updates when you tried to install Alcohol?

#3 Trial User_Trial User_joe_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_joe_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Sep 11 2006, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is your OS and which version of Alcohol did you tried to install? Who is the vendor of your system- is it Dell perhaps? Did you have your OS updated with all of the Windows updates when you tried to install Alcohol?

its a custom built computer. intel 856g/ich5/agpset/ p4 socket 775/ micro atx/ 2 ddr400/ 6-ch audio/ lan/ 6 usb 2.0/ agp 8x mobo.intel pentium d 840 3.2 ghz dt 800 fsb. windows xp pro sp2, current updates, newest trial just downloaded from website

#4 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:46 PM

Attach a copy of the latest minidump file from C:\Windows\minidump or e-mail it to support@alcohol-soft.com for review. If you e-mail it, make sure you reference this thread.

#5 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

i already reinstalled os. looking for an error logged in the minidump file?the minidump files on a fresh copy of windows wont help you, right? or are you looking for hardware/software info? dont know much about minidump, and cant locate it in my windows folder to see what it is or to post it here.

#6 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

have you tried installing in safe mode ?

#7 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:34 PM

install alcohol in safe mode? i just got home and installed an older version of alcohol 120 on my fresh copy of windows xp pro, and as install completed it rebooted again. and same thing over and over as soon as windows loads. i started my computer in safe mode and copied the minidump files. do you want me to email them to you? anybody?

#8 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

You can e-mail it to support@alcohol-soft.com and reference back to this thread.

#9 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

i just emailed it from my yahoo account. thank you

#10 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

in case anyone else has the same problem, here is the response i got;

The cause of your crash is the Realtek USB Mass Storage Driver (RTSTOR.SYS), it is most probably used by some card reader, anyway as you are using Windows XP you should not need this driver for your card reader work properly, I suggest you uninstall it.

right on the money. found it in c/windows/system32/drivers, and deleted it. flawless install of alcohol 120. no more problems. excellent tech support. thanks to all who helped.

#11 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:18 PM

We aim to please. smile.gif

#12 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:18 PM

im having this same problem buy i do not have the RTSTOR.SYS any one have any other known problems that cause this heres my set up

cpu: amd x2 4600+
video: 2 bfg 7900 gt oc sli
ram: 3gb corsair xms pro w/ lights
mobo: asus a8n32-sli deluxe
hd: 74gb raptor, 250gb, 350gb, 350gb, 500gb
case: antec p180
dvd : samsund rw -/+ 18x dl 8x
dvd2: lg rw -/+ 16x, dl 10x

#13 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:26 PM

Follow the same instructions from above. Find the latest minidump file from C:\Windows\minidump and e-mail it to support@alcohol-soft.com and reference this thread.

#14 Trial User_Carl D._*

Trial User_Carl D._*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Sep 15 2006, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Follow the same instructions from above. Find the latest minidump file from C:\Windows\minidump and e-mail it to support@alcohol-soft.com and reference this thread.

I also have the same issue and I have also had to resort to reinstalling a fresh copy of widows. here is what I have for information:
I have a serious problem with version v1.9.2.1705. I have upgraded my system from SP1 to SP2. I had ignored the incompatability warning and ran the setup anyways. I have a custom built PC which has an Asus A8V-E SE mother board, an AMD64 3800+ 2.6 GHZ CPU, 2GB of RAM, an a Radeon 9250 video card. I had no issues before the upgrade, but now my computer just reboots. I tried safe mode and it comes to loading the A347sub.sys and just restarts again. I also tried the esc key option to cancel loading the driver (or whatever) and I get the same resullts. I had since reinstalled Windows XP, so that I have something to work with. The old install is still present and I'd like to get it back. I would appreciate any assistance you can give me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has run into this problem, thank you. I do not have the RealTek file either to delete it. I have tried deleting both the A347scsi.sys and the A347sub.sys files with no luck, same problem.

#15 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

@Carl D.

Please continue with the advice you are recieving from email support.

#16 Trial User_dirty dan_*

Trial User_dirty dan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Trial User_joe_* @ Sep 11 2006, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
installed trial 120, rebooted system. computer never fully loads up now, just keeps rebooting. reinstalled windows xp pro. about to reinstall 120 after i recieve a response on what i can to to avoid this happeneing again and why it did in the first place. thanks

hi i have been searching the net for someone with the same problem ive just had to sort out,
i installed 120 and got the same start up problems and ended up having to restart in safe mode and then be able to restore back 2 days,
that sorted the problem out, its seemed to me that it disabled some of the drivers hense the computer constantly getting confused on start up, basicaly dont install this programe on a dell,

you can do it apprantly but you need to change some setting for it to install correctly.

on the alcohol 120 site in the faq section it says that on some dells it wont install and it tells you how to change these settings.

anyway hope that is off help.

#17 Trial User_Trial User_Jason_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Jason_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:42 AM

Well I had the same issue with RTSTOR.SYS. I deleted it from the recovery console and now I'm up and running with 52%. However, how do I get my card reader back? I uninstalled it from the device manager and rescanned, and it managed to find the reader. However it asked for RTSTOR.SYS and where I wanted to load it from. I cancelled, but that's not helping the cause.

Anyone have options for me? I really want my card reader... it's so much simpler for my camera and especially my phone. Any other virtual drive programs that will work while I have RTSTOR.SYS in place? I don't want to leave alcohol, it's worked really great for me for quite a while, until I put it on my new build which included the card reader. Thanks!

#18 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:21 AM

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

Please post a complete System Report from within Alcohol.

#19 Trial User_Trial User_Jason_*_*

• Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:45 AM

Calling of MapiSendMail API has failed! One or more unspecified errors has occurred. No message was sent.

Anyway here's all the stuff from the report:

{System Report removed - Jito463}

#20 Trial User_Trial User_Jason_*_*

• Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

Sorry if I shouldn't have posted that here, Jito. I do have the report saved and I can email it somewhere if that's what I need to do. Thanks for your help so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users