• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Quexoz

Quexoz

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:52 PM

Five years and version 2.0.3.10221, still infected...and still zero improvements to the software. Still doesn't have even basic cd burning features. Make an audio CD? Nope. Bluray? Nope!

Edited by Quexoz, 16 June 2018 - 06:57 PM.

#22 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

Still doesn't have even basic cd burning features. Make an audio CD? Nope. Bluray? Nope!

Alcohol is for imaging discs and burning disc images if you remember. Maybe it will do more things in the future but that's up to its owners.

#23 Quexoz

Quexoz

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

For God's shake, just don't install it if you don't want it. Is it so much complicated? :huh:

Sure, just send me my $54 back and I'll shut up and go away.

Version 2.0.3.11012, and 5 1/2 years later...still infected. Still no improvements or features added.

#24 SEBA

SEBA

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 07:57 AM

Sorry if I write in old topic. But if Alcohol-Soft promo software as "clean", then seriously Smart File Advisor and Luminati should be removed. They are two d
dangerous Trojans.

#25 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 07:23 PM

Smart File Advisor may be considered as adware, I don't think it is a trojan horse however. Luminati? :unsure:

#26 SEBA

SEBA

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 06:01 AM

Charalambos I suggest download free edition and is packed some luminati. It is unwanted thing too like smart file advisor. If all Alcohol-Soft tell Alcohol is clean product, so why are that things Adware and Trojans inside? Users want clean products. I suggest look how much AVs detect Smart File Advisor as something unwanted. It is specially made to infected installers and telling, how ia clean.

#27 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 07:15 PM

They detect it as adware I suppose. As for Luminati it is the first time that I hear of it, perhaps someone else can tell you more about this.

#28 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 07:57 PM

Luminati is an addon that allows the user to receive extra virtual drives for letting the program/service use the users free resources, this is only on the Free and Trial Version, you can choose during the installation not to use or in Alcohols settings under General.

The screenshots show where you can do this in Alcohol at Use device resources.

https://www.dropbox.... only).png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.... only).png?dl=0

#29 SEBA

SEBA

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:40 AM

Robbo, and that thing let's example in free version have seriously more than two virtual drives? And i see, you have active emulation options without extra. After last version Alcohol 120% where is removed RMPS and Atip, i think you don't use windows 10 / windows 11.
And still I don't know how that luminati can let's to use more virtual drives. And i see you have turned standard in options than Alcohol mode in options on down.

#30 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:18 PM

It is supposed that if you install it you can set a bigger number of virtual drives in the Alcohol's options.

#31 keveinp56

keveinp56

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for sharing! I completely agree. Removing 'Smart File Advisor' is definitely a smart move for better file managment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users