Photo

can't install Alcohol 120% on Windows 7.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nugar

nugar

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:09 AM

Can't install Alcohol 120 on Windows 7, it starts of the install by wanting to install SPTD drivers, say it needs to reboot Windows which it does, upon reboot when Alcohol restarts it wants to reinstall SPTD drivers and does this every single time.  If I try to install the SPTD drivers manually using the latest one it tells me there are no SPTD drivers detected in Windows.  Is there any way to install Alcohol without installing the SPTD drivers because it seems that there could be some sort of issue with them, tried install in safe mode but got the exact same problem it WON'T install the SPTD drivers.  Any help with this is most appreciated.

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

Please don't doublepost. As for your problem uninstall Alcohol, reboot and then check again if there is SPTD installed. If not try reinstalling Alcohol preferably in safe mode.

#3 nugar

nugar

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

Sorry about the dbl post, didn't see the message at the top saying it was to approved, any way got it fixed in the end.  Tried installing it in safe mode with no luck, still got the SPTD boot loop. To fix it I had to run msconfig in diagnostic mode, install SPTD reboot, on restart install Alcohol 120, reboot only then would SPTD install properly and not get the loop, then go back to normal boot in msconfig.  Seems to be some issue within SPTD that causes this install loop that seems prevalent in it.

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:08 PM

To fix it I had to run msconfig in diagnostic mode

You run msconfig with what modifications (e.g. you disabled some services)?

#5 nugar

nugar

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

Just opened msconfig and chose diagnostic startup, where it loads just basic devices and services only, seemed to do the trick.  I guess it's basically starting in a clean boot into Windows where nothing loads, no AV or anything, I previously tried booting into safe mode but that didn't work, then found a post in Duplex's forums where someone said to load up msconfig in diagnostic startup and go from there.  Tried finding the post on Duplex's forums that showed exactly what to do, but can't will look again later, but I think how I posted what I did is pretty close to how it was described, any how it worked.

#6 nugar

nugar

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:56 PM

Ok found the post, the link is http://forum.duplexs...msconfig&page=7 second post down by thorewi, followed those instruction and low and behold SPTD installed and Alcohol 120% instaled without any issues, don't know if it will work for everyone but it worked for me at least.

#7 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:29 PM

Thank you very much for the information, it may be valuable to others with the same problem.

#8 everSLO

everSLO

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:24 PM

Can't install Alcohol 120 on Windows 7, it starts of the install by wanting to install SPTD drivers, say it needs to reboot Windows which it does, upon reboot when Alcohol restarts it wants to reinstall SPTD drivers and does this every single time.  If I try to install the SPTD drivers manually using the latest one it tells me there are no SPTD drivers detected in Windows.  Is there any way to install Alcohol without installing the SPTD drivers because it seems that there could be some sort of issue with them, tried install in safe mode but got the exact same problem it WON'T install the SPTD drivers.  Any help with this is most appreciated.

Its very easy to solve this problem.

Just install SPTD manually.

You can download it here: https://www.softpedi...ries/SPTD.shtml

It worked for me on Windows 8.1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users