1 reply to this topic

#1 JensenBreck

JensenBreck

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

I'm not surprised really since less and less people burn DVDs. USB sticks are so widespread, easier to use, and less prone to corruption. 

I used their stuff a lot - used to get a "Lite" version with my Plextor drives (which used to cost quite a bit back then). You could get the bulk version or the retail version which came with Nero so I went retail. You paid about $60 more for that. When Starforce then killed the drive, I discovered that bundled Nero only works with one particular drives so my new drive (which was bulk), wouldn't work with it. Me = pissed off. 

In the end, I just cracked it, and didn't feel guilty at all because, right after they released version 6 or so, Vista was released and instead of patching the very-new version 6, they released version 7 (or it might be version 5 & 6, I can't remember). Basically, they screwed over their customers which included my father who had bought it. After that I dumped Nero and used UltraISO to burn CD/DVD images - much simplier and light weight and doesn't require intrusive drivers, services and agents.

Edited by Charalambos, 31 October 2017 - 09:06 PM.
Remove external link

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

1. External links are not allowed.

2. This is the Alcohol Support forum (nothing to do with Nero or UltraISO).

3. USB sticks are in fact more prone to corruption than optical media (we are talking about good quality media of course).

4. Alcohol is still in business, you can try and/or buy it if you want (once being a member of the forum I suppose you have already gave it a try).

And finally: Cracking any commercial product (including Alcohol) is illegal. Don't ever mention about it again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users