#1 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

Hi,

i have Alcohol 52 Free Edition and can´t burn my original C&C Renegade CD for Backup.

Copy Protection is Safedisc 2.51

My Writer is a LG BH10LS30 with Firmware 1.02

Anyone an Idea ?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:20 PM

Alcohol 52% Free Edition doesn't have a burning engine, you must use another burning program in order to burn your image that you made with Alcohol 52% Free Edition. Or do you mean that you made an image and you can't burn it with another program?

#3 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

Sorry im wrong, it´s the Alcohol 120 Trial newest one.

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:23 PM

How did you try to copy your CD (copy on the fly, copy from an image that you made - with which program)? Can you tell me the OS you are on (are you on Windows 10?) and the settings you used for direct copying or for making and then copying an image of your CD? Also what do you mean by "can´t burn my original C&C Renegade CD"? You get an error message when you try to burn it or you get an error message from SafeDisc when you try to use the burned CD?

#5 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:44 AM

Hi,

I have created an Image MDS/MDF using Alcohol 120 with Profile Safedisc 2/3/4. 4x Read Settings for the Writer.

Then i burned the Image with Alcohol 120 using Profile Safedisc 2/3/4. Slowest Write Settings i think this was 16x.

The burning was successfull but the Safedisc 2.51 don´t work. Game says "Insert original CD"

My Writer is an LG BH10LS30 Blu Ray Writer.

Alcohol 120 Trial on Windows 10 64bit 1909.

Any Ideas ?

Some Forums say Alcohol can burn any Protection ...

Sometimes i get an Error from Alcohol after the saving of MDS/MDF Image is completed.

"Failed to create key Basic\UI"

Then Alcohol won´t close i have to use TaskManager to close it.

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:56 PM

Alcohol's copy protection emulation doesn't work on Windows 10, I'm afraid nothing can be done for it. :( That's what I know, if something has changed and I don't know it please NARS or Robbo correct me.

#7 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:55 AM

I know that Windows 10 Safedisc is disabled.

I only burned it on Windows 10 with Alcohol and tested it on Windows 7 Servipack 1 with Safedisc enabled.

Safedisc V2.0 copys with Alcohol 120 works fine, but Safedisc 2.51 and up don´t work.

Maybe it´s a Burner related Problem (newer Chipset), i read that older Chipsets with Renesas can do Safedisc 2.51 ++

#8 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

Have you enabled the Safedisc emulation in the Alcohol's options (I'm not sure if Alcohol 120% Free has them - Alcohol 52% Free does, anyway this is necessary in order to use your burned CD)? Also you can try reading the original disc and burning  your CD at lower speeds. You used the plane Safedisc 2/3/4 datatype, not the EFM Writer one, did you?

#9 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 05:42 PM

Have you enabled the Safedisc emulation in the Alcohol's options (I'm not sure if Alcohol 120% Free has them - Alcohol 52% Free does, anyway this is necessary in order to use your burned CD)? Also you can try reading the original disc and burning  your CD at lower speeds. You used the plane Safedisc 2/3/4 datatype, not the EFM Writer one, did you?

I have enabled Safedisc2/3/4 Options, and tryed it at lower speeds.

I don´t used EFM.

#10 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:19 AM

Yesterday i tested it with Safedisc 2/3/4 *EFM* read at low speed.

To Write the Disc also Profile Safedisc 2/3/4 *EFM*

Raw+Dao

Buffer Underrun Technology enabled

Handle EFM Errors also enabled

Same Result Game says "no original Disc"

#11 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:02 PM

Please make an image first and make sure that it works when mounted to an Alcohol's virtual drive. Only if it does then burn it at the lowest possible speed with the Safedisc 2/3/4 datatype and try to use it with the "Bad Sectors Emulation" emulation option (this is the emulation used for Safedisc, I wasn't exactly accurate naming it, sorry) and if it still doesn't work try to use the "Ignore Media Type" emulation option too. You will find this options in Alcohol's emulation options, not in the datatype options.

#12 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:54 AM

I´ll give it a try.

With Alcohol 120 and Image mounted on virtual drive it works.

I used the Emulation Settings Bad Sector Emulation and Ignore Media Type, the virtual drive Image work with or without both settings.

I´v tried:

- for Reading Profiles Safedisc 2/3/4 for Burning Safedisc 2/3/4 at lowest Speeds.

- for Reading Profiles Safedisc 2/3/4 EFM for Burning Safedisc 2/3/4 EFM at lowest Speeds with and without EFM Error handling.

- both with Emulation of "Bad Sectors" and without.

- both with "Ignore Media Type" and without.

But the Problem still exists, when i burn the Image on CD it won´t start without any emulation like Deamon Tools or Alcohol

#13 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:11 PM

I used the Emulation Settings Bad Sector Emulation and Ignore Media Type, the virtual drive Image work with or without both settings.

Alcohol's emulation options are for the burned discs, for the disc images emulation is applied automatically. It seems that you can't make a working backup CD. Perhaps your burner isn't up to it (you can try another one), perhaps this game or Safedisc version is difficult to be copied successfully. You can stll use the image though.

But the Problem still exists, when i burn the Image on CD it won´t start without any emulation like Deamon Tools or Alcohol

You mean with emulation? If you use the Safedisc 2/3/4 datatype to burn the CD the emulation is necessary in order to use it.

#14 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 11:44 AM

With emulation i mean Emulating Safedisc to start the Game like Daemon Tools do it or Alcohol 120 with the Images in VirtualDrive itself.

#15 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 02:38 PM

I have a new Writer Liteon iHAS324 F, this passed the 2 Sheep Test with 2.9.dat.

Now i´ll give it a try.

#16 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:26 PM

You wrote "without any emulation", did you mean it or you wanted to say with emulation? That's what is unclear.

#17 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:15 AM

You wrote "without any emulation", did you mean it or you wanted to say with emulation? That's what is unclear.

With Emulation after burning it starts from CD and Image.

But the thing i want is a 1:1 copy without any emulation after burning.

Is there any newer SATA Drive that you can say it works for burning 1:1 copys ?

My new Liteon iHAS324 don´t work on Windows 10 correctly, it don´t read original Safedisc Games and give an Error "No Disk insert".

I have to buy another one.

My Alcohol 120 Testperiod on Windows 10 is outdated, i have installed the newest Version on my second PC with Windows 7 for further testing bevor i buy Alcohol.

#18 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

Hmmm

Now i´m confused.

I´ve made with Alcohol 120 a new Image File with the Options Safedisc 2/3/4 and Extra Emulation Bad Sectors turned "ON".

After this i tested to start the Game in Alcohol´s Virtual Drive. It starts fine.

Now i turned all Extra Emulations Bad Sectors ... to "OFF"

The Game starts too from Virtual Drive.

If i burn the Image it won´t start....

Why it starts from Virtual Drive ?

#19 Starfox

Starfox

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:29 PM

Now i have success.

I´ve created a own Profile called Safedisc 2.80

Checked the following:

Subchannel Data

Advanced Sector Scanning 100

Skip Errors

Fast Error skipping

In Emulation i checked only:

Ignore Media Type

First I opened the Game with original CD and changed it to Taskbar

Then i started Alcohol 120 and created an Image .ccd (with opened Game in Taskbar)

At least i burned this Image and it works fine !

It´s C&C Generals i think Renegade are same settings.

I have Question about Alcohol 120 and Windows 10, before Testperiod was outdated in Windows 10 i have no Emulation Options in Alcohol 120.

Is this a known issue ?

#20 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:02 PM

Alcohol's copy protection emulation doesn't work on Windows 10, I'm afraid nothing can be done for it.

You mean with emulation? If you use the Safedisc 2/3/4 datatype to burn the CD the emulation is necessary in order to use it.

In order to make a copy that needs no emulation you must use the Safedisk 2/3/4 (EFM Writer) datatype with a burner capable for doing the job. I suppose you burned the working CD with this datatype.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users