• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gijoevaldez

gijoevaldez

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

We know how alcohol can have a virtual drive DVD-r or CD-R, but could you make it a virtual DVD-RW or CD-RW as well.

This would come in handy for when you have an image of a disk and only wish to copy parts of it and not the whole disk. Right now I am having to copy to a DVD-RW and I get tired of inserting formating the disk all the time. If I could copy to a virtual Writer that would be great.

Did I confuse anyone?

#2 IGL

IGL

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 05:06 PM

definately me

i would say virtual burner = image dumping

#3 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 01:47 AM

Me too.

#4 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:46 PM

It isn't really possible, as all cd-rw drives behave differently.

#5 Chriso

Chriso

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:23 PM

Couldn't you have an Image writer like Nero has?

#6 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 07:44 PM

That's what the Image Making Wizard does...unless you're referring to pre-mastering (making an image from files on your drive) which is something that Alcohol does not currently do.

#7 jumpinjoe

jumpinjoe

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:16 AM

I think the idea here (and one I definitely encourage as well) is to be able to burn an image file from another CD burning program, like WMP, iTunes, Napster, etc.. For ex on Napster - once you purchase the tracks, you can burn them, but only like 5 times or something, and you still have to use their software. If you could "burn" an image file and then mount it as a virtual CD, you could use a CD ripper program to take it back into wave files. That would eliminate the stupid restrictions they place on music that you've legitimately purchased.

#8 Trial User_chip_*

Trial User_chip_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:00 AM

Pick one of the mos commonly-supported CD-RW drives and call it your "standard".

What is needed is a drive letter assignment, so that applications will see this "virtual cd-rw" as drive F: or whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users