2 replies to this topic

#1 mcraig88

mcraig88

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 04:19 PM

I'm using Alcohol 120% at home for my family computer. I've made backup images and mounted them to virtual CD drives. I have 1 question, 1 complaint and 1 suggestion.

Question:
How do I configure the mounted images to maintain their configuration during multiple reboots and different user logins? It seems that the mounted images are always getting dropped.

Complaint:
The mounted images always get dropped between multiple user logins and reboots.

Suggestion:
Allow an Administrator to configure a forced configuration for all users. For instance Drive F: has Warcraft, and Drive G: has Age of Mythology, for all users. And then other users can add images in addition to what has been preconfigured. Also, the other users would not be able to modify or unmount those images.

Thank You

Michael

#2 ShutDown

ShutDown

120% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:34 PM

do u have the newest version of alcohol?

#3 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:30 PM

I know this post is a few days old, but it interested me to ask a few questions.

Suggestion:
Allow an Administrator to configure a forced configuration for all users. For instance Drive F: has Warcraft, and Drive G: has Age of Mythology, for all users. And then other users can add images in addition to what has been preconfigured. Also, the other users would not be able to modify or unmount those images.

I have a question about the
And then other users can add images in addition to what has been preconfigured. Also, the other users would not be able to modify or unmount those images.

This seems to conflict itself. You want them to be able to add images but they cant unmount the current ones? If I look at this I think you are trying to say you want them to be able to mount and unmount only certain images, and just limit the access to certain images correct? Say you want them to be able to play Warcraft and AOM but they decide want to play Starcraft but it isnt mounted, do you want them to be able to mount the image to be able to play or are you wanting them to have to get the admin to mount it for them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users