Photo

Option to not install virtual device driver.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KitnaIsntHappy

KitnaIsntHappy

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:53 AM

Hi guys.
I would like to see an option in a future version of Alcohol to not install the virtual device driver.
I know I can just set the number of virtual devices to 0, but as I prefer to use Daemon-Tools for my virtual drive software (purely a GUI choice) I would prefer to not have to install the virtual device at all.

Thanks

Kitna

#2 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:40 AM

Or perhaps Alcohol has a similar design which a tray icon is available for mounting/unmounting images and turning on/off emulations?

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:26 AM

If you leave Alcohol running in the system tray, you can access all the same functionality that's available in the DT system tray menu. Just set Alcohol to minimize to the SysTray when you close it and set it to only allow one session. Then just open it from the systray when you need it, and close it back to the systray when finished with the main program. The only thing left would be for the devs to code in an option to start Alcohol minimized to the systray.

#4 Big Dave

Big Dave

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Dec 20 2005, 05:38 AM)
If you leave Alcohol running in the system tray, you can access all the same functionality that's available in the DT system tray menu.  Just set Alcohol to minimize to the SysTray when you close it and set it to only allow one session.  Then just open it from the systray when you need it, and close it back to the systray when finished with the main program.  The only thing left would be for the devs to code in an option to start Alcohol minimized to the systray.

As well as an option to start alcohol minimized, maybe there should be a config wizard in the installer, or the first time you start, to set options like this, as if I hadn't seen it here I wouldn't have a clue you could do that and its a great function!
I know they can be annoying but maybe add a "tip of the day" function (you can disable it smile.gif ), that informs you of some of these kinds of customizations you can make

#5 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:34 AM

The idea of choosing not to install virtual drive is also helpful in solving some installation trouble.

Some users can not successfully install Alcohol, this may because of the configurations of their computers conflict with Alcohol's virtual drive.

If this option of not installing virtual drive is available, then users can confirm whether they are the virtual drive's conflict.

#6 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:20 AM

Can we have A-Ray built into Alcohol?

#7 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:53 AM

This has been mentioned before, but is unlikely due to law's restriction.

#8 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:01 AM

Awwwwwww

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users