#1 rteekens

rteekens

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:05 PM

Hi there,

Since i use MCE2005 there is an option i can not find in any virtual CD/DVD driver: use a virtual CD/DVD drive as a burner, which makes an image on a drive.

In MCE (with Sonic app) you can burn a DVD Video from recorded programs, but it has to be to a dvd burner. So a 3 hour movie can never burned to disk (dual layer) because it is to big.

If you could burn to an image from a mounted drive, you could store the image, mount in, show it, rip it, etc etc

hope this option is availible soon.

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

This has been requested before, but the devs have never mentioned any work on such a feature. However, if you Google for Virtual CD-RW, it should turn up a link (first on the list when I just checked) for another program that will do this. This is not an endorsement of that software, mind you. I have no experience with the program or the company. I'm just pointing you to the location of one that I know does what you want to do.

#3 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:17 AM

Or alternatively, is it possible to be done by Nero?

P.S. If you mean a instant record of a programme from TV card, please ignore.

Edited by MaLing, 28 December 2005 - 07:19 AM.

#4 mightypile

mightypile

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:41 AM

I would just like to second the request for a writable driver, not the default driver, but it would be nice to emulate a writable drive and "burn" from another program. The result would be an iso or mdf rather than a physical disk.

Just a vote, if anybody's counting. :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users