#1 Squeaks

Squeaks

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:55 PM

Hello,

please.gif I'm just getting a little curious as to when the x64 port of Alcohol 120% will be available. It's been 2 YEARS (according to this forum) please.gif now since x64 started beta testing (a stage at which other software developers usually have at minimum a alpha version in the works), SEVERAL MONTHS since the retail release, and SEVERAL MONTHS since I actually picked up a copy of x64. please.gif

I'm not really sure what venom is trying to say with his post:

"
>Apr 4 2005, 03:29 AM Post #71
>
>
>Alcohol Support
>
>
>Group: Dev Team
>Posts: 506
>Joined: 27-August 02
>Member No.: 28
>
>
>
> I want to stop all this discsussion and tell all that AMD-64 drivers are ready long >ago, but they will be released only after internal testing will be finished with new >driver architecture.
>
>No release estimates as usually - you will see it when in our opinion "it's done". "

however, it seems to me that this would mean x64 porting had already begun, with the vdd already completed. I have heard of other developers that had vdd for x64 out some time ago.

It has been 10 months since this post, and I know it doesn't take that long for a x64 port. Trying to be as little rude as I possibly can sound, I am asking for an update. Will there even be a beta release soon, or can we expect the final x64 port available after longhorn arrives and we are then asking for a longhorn port? please.gif please.gif please.gif please.gif

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:31 AM

Alcohol uses the same Virtual Device drivers as Daemon Tools. Since this is the case, they had to wait for the DT4 drivers for x64 to be ready for release before they could begin integrating them into Alcohol. Once they're certain it's in release form and the beta testers have had a chance to go over it, it will be released. As always, when it's done. Of course, you could have found all this out by searching the forums where this has been answered more times than I care to count.

#3 Duomenox

Duomenox

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Jan 17 2006, 02:41 AM)
Alcohol uses the same Virtual Device drivers as Daemon Tools.  Since this is the case, they had to wait for the DT4 drivers for x64 to be ready for release before they could begin integrating them into Alcohol.  Once they're certain it's in release form and the beta testers have had a chance to go over it, it will be released.  As always, when it's done.  Of course, you could have found all this out by searching the forums where this has been answered more times than I care to count.

Daemon Tools has had 64-bit support working very well since 11-26-2005 and a bug fix version released on 01-03-2006. I understand that DT4 is a complete re-write so this may take some extra time to get working with Alcohol.

Is there any news that someone can post. I have been using Alcohol for a long time, currently I have been running x64 for about a year now and have been dying for a fully working Alcohol revision to come out.

I understand that this gets political, but let us know something please. I understand that testing needs to take place and I appreciate all the testing (I hate when programs crash my machine) so if we know that Alcohol needs to be re-written to be compatable with the DT4 re-write we will feel a bit better. I don't believe that Alcohol is just sitting there doing nothing, I have faith that you guys are working on something... I just need some re-assurance that I'm not going crazy :-P

Any news would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Daren please.gif

#4 Sir Camehan

Sir Camehan

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:54 AM

Daren, in the customer forum, there was a news update given by Pheonix. Maybe you should look at that.

#5 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:02 AM

Any news related to new versions gets posted in the Customer Only forum first. It's one of the perks of registering. As Sir Camehan says, Phoenix has released some news last week regarding the new versions. Have a look here: http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=22742

#6 Duomenox

Duomenox

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (Sir Camehan @ Jan 30 2006, 08:04 AM)
Daren, in the customer forum, there was a news update given by Pheonix. Maybe you should look at that.

I searched for a bit, sorry that I missed it :-P I hate being the one that misses the good posts :-P

Thanks for not flaming me sorry.gif

#7 Sir Camehan

Sir Camehan

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:43 AM

That's OK. I was not going to flame you in the first place. smile.gif

Edited by Sir Camehan, 01 February 2006 - 06:43 AM.

#8 Neil757

Neil757

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:30 AM

I have just used the trial version on XP32 on an old machine: Its great, but what I really want is the x64 version.

The link above doesn't get me anywhere, so could someone post here what the latest on the x64 version. please.gif

Regards

Neil

#9 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:08 PM

The link above is for the customers section of the forum (note the customer logo under their names). If you want to be updated before the rest of the forum, you'll need to buy Alcohol and get registered as a customer. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait for the x64 version to be released. As always, it will be released when it's ready.

#10 Amorak

Amorak

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

It is unfortunate that your not making the 64 bit drivers, there's certainly a lot of people who have been patently waiting for them after you clearly said ten months ago that the were complete and only needed testing.

Now ten months later you tell us that they are not ready. Now I could take that as you mean that testing wasn't finished but testing for a few drivers does not take ten months which concludes that you either lied in the original post about the drivers ever being made or you have not talked to your team and don't know anything about the drivers and are giving an answer fro your answer book.

If your making the drivers then say so.
If your not making the drivers then say so.
If there ready beta or not just give us them, we don't care if they are unstable.
But don't lie to us.

It might be a good idea if the alcohol team take a quality assurance course.

#11 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:45 PM

Nobody lies to anybody. The next version of Alcohol will be released soon and it will be both 32-bit and 64-bit. Just a little more patience, it's easy to flame the ones who do the work while doing nothing but they know what they are doing better than anybody else.

#12 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:19 PM

There are a number of things that happened that have caused the delay, all of which you know nothing about. I suggest you register here http://forum.alcohol...?showtopic=8065 and read Phoenix's post about the upcoming version. Customer's are informed before the general population.

Topic is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users