7 replies to this topic

#1 zapping

zapping

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:41 AM

sorry.gif Sorry for my bad english...I would like suggest perhaps a stupid request wacko.gif When i burn an image unknown created with alcohol or other burning software first of start burning i must manually select writing mode, write speed, Datatype(securom,safedisk etc ) skip reading errors, read sub channels etc etc., that is i must use a custom profile that i suppose working with the image.... I would like that you developing a new image format that include all previous informations so when i open an image that i must burning i don't must worry of selecting this options in the software that is wich datatype securom,safedisk or write speed to 8x or other...but i could find this setting already selected because Alcohol have already inserted this settings when it have create the original image.. It'possible developing this?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:27 PM

Alcohol doesn't have the ability to detect the copy protection of a disk by itself, so it is not possible. But when you find what the copy protection sheme is you just have to select the apropriate datatype if it is a CD or just use the default options if it is a DVD- with the exception of SecuROM and Starforce DVDs whith which you must use the Data Position Measurment function. As for the datatype, you can find it in a web database such as the one in the Daemon Tools site( www.daemon-tools.cc) or by using a program like the A-Ray Scanner.

#3 Big Dave

Big Dave

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Feb 6 2006, 06:37 PM)
Alcohol doesn't have the ability to detect the copy protection of a disk by itself, so it is not possible. But when you find what the copy protection sheme is you just have to select the apropriate datatype if it is a CD or just use the default options if it is a DVD- with the exception of SecuROM and Starforce DVDs whith which you must use the Data Position Measurment function. As for the datatype, you can find it in a web database such as the one in the Daemon Tools site( www.daemon-tools.cc) or by using a program like the A-Ray Scanner.

I don't think thats quite what he means, I think he means is that

when you have created an image with a certain profile in the image making wizard, alcohol will remember what you selected here and automatically select this in the burning wizard
Or something along those lines smile.gif

#4 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

If this is the case then it has been mentioned before and I believe the answer is "no". Somone correct me if I'm wrong.

#5 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

Well, as much as I love correcting you Zamiel, you're right in this case. But don't let it go to your head. wink.gif

#6 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:25 AM

Don't worry Jito, there's not much room up there for anything else tongue.gif

#7 zapping

zapping

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:21 AM

ok thank you for answer Big Dave have interpreted correctly my thought
Why no? What is the reason?

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:35 AM

There were a number of reasons why, but I believe one of them would be it would aid piracy. Whilst those who backup software legally, those who don't and download their software would have it easier as they would not need to know how to burn it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users