• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 draco7891

draco7891

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:53 PM

I had a small idea while burning through things last night. In 3823, the option was introduced to either force images to be burned onto a CD, or allow the use of DVD media, and it comes up in a pop-up dialog as it is. My thought was to move that option to the second page of the burning wizard, and set it according to the image file size (I think we can agree that a 4GB image may not quite fit onto a standard 700MB CD). The user can still manually change it, of course.

It would keep the buring options process as seamless and clean as possible (I always think I've done something wrong everytime it pops up).

Otherwise, I'm really liking the new version. Keep up the good work.

Draco

#2 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:07 AM

Note that this question message appears only when trying to burn for eg. ISO files (because ISO image file format doesn't allow to store source disc type, if you use MDS/MDF images you will never see this message) from CD's, you may burn it on CD or DVD...

#3 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:02 PM

Even if you select to burn to a DVD nothing happens because CD ISOs are not the same with DVD ISOs. This issue was discused and proved some time ago( I was the one who was saying that it can be done but one of the Support Team members- don't remember exactly who one, perhaps Jito?- disagreed and tested it and found it wasn't working) but I wasn't able to find it.

#4 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

Actually, I just tried burning a CD ISO image to a DVD+R and it worked. Though this was just a data disc, for games, that may not be the case. I wouldn't recommend it, though. If it's the size of a CD, why waste a DVD to burn it?

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

Actually, I just tried burning a CD ISO image to a DVD+R and it worked.

It wasn't working at the time of the topic I reffered to, it seems that it has been corrected so as to handle a CD ISO image in order to make the modifications needed so as to write it to a DVD, especially writing DVD type lead in and lead out in place of the CD ones.

If it's the size of a CD, why waste a DVD to burn it?

The only reason that I can think of is to start a multisesion DVD, to which more stuff will be added afterwards. Still it needs and it can be done from the begining with a premastering software thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users