SPTD.sys

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_TJ_*

Trial User_TJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

I downloaded the trial version of alcohol 120 and loved it...but my system starts up very slow now...about 5x longer...i did some research and found that sptd.sys is the culprit, it is apparently in daemon tools and alcohol 120...I would love to buy this software, but i dont want to do that if my system startup takes 5min becuz of this...is there a fix for this???

PS...Microsoft Boot Vis told me that was the culprit as well as researching slow boot times on google...

HELP please.gif please.gif please.gif

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:16 AM

Do you have any other burning applications installed?

What happens when you uninstall SPTD?

#3 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:39 AM

I have Clonedvd and alcohol 120 and thats it....

When i delete the sptd.sys out of /system32/drivers/ the machine starts up fine everytime...

#4 Trial User_TJ_*

Trial User_TJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:40 AM

^^^ That was me ^^^

#5 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:40 AM

Can you paste a complete system report from within Alcohol please? It will give us more information about your system.

#6 Trial User_TJ_*

Trial User_TJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

Its a pretty simple question...im sure you guys have heard of this problem before since it is all over the daemon tools forum...i dont think u need to know my system info to answer

#7 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

Please read:

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

As Jito463 has asked you for a System Report he believes that he may be able to spot the offending conflict.

Supplying the system report from within Alcohol is up to you. However as you can see by the above thread supplying a system report from within Alcohol is a requirement in order to obtain support in the Trial forum.

#8 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (TJ @ Aug 5 2006, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a pretty simple question...im sure you guys have heard of this problem before since it is all over the daemon tools forum...i dont think u need to know my system info to answer

Actually, it's not a simple question. There are any number of issues that could cause your problem. And no, this is not a common problem despite what you may think. A system report could be passed along to the devs and hopefully they'll be able to find a solution to your problem.

#9 Trial User_SeerHawk_*

Trial User_SeerHawk_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

I think it is more common then you would like to admit methinks.. Lots of issues around SPTD.sys shouldn't discourage potential purchasers of this product with tech support canned responses like that. Can't get attention of a consumer for too long before they look somewhere else.

#10 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:28 PM

@SeerHawk

This support forum is run for Trial Version users only, it is not to be used as your own personal sounding board. If the support team ask for a system report it is for a good reason. In fact, the trial version forum requires a system report to be posted before you in fact get an answer, therefore if one is not posted, don't expect a reply.

The support team, admins and members alike work very hard to help people here. If you were a customer you'd already know that, in fact, quite often support is 24/7.

#11 Trial User_BITbKO_*

Trial User_BITbKO_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:43 PM

I have another probLem..
After uZing ALcohoL 120% about 36 hourZ, my PC unExpactedLy stopped!!??
I think, that wUZ just familiarly mistake of WindowZ XP. And I simpLy press reZet button, and turn off PC. After few hourZ I turn it on again..and WindowZ XP did'NT start, and show me BSOD..
After few timeZ when I pressed reZet and chooZe aLL possibLe variants of booting, I find that "SPTD.SYS" hanging my system.
Than, I'LL try to boot from WindowZ 2003 Server boot disk into "ReStore mode" adn I see, that my boot disk is not readabLe and accessibLe!! Thats aLL!! Just not_empty, just unReadAbLe LogicaL drive..
ThanX to me, that I know good [ but not in engLish Language wink.gifwink.gif ] systemZ and methodZ how to reStore data from driveZ [ that's my business wink.gifwink.gif ].
I know, that I can reStore my data, but if this probLem can happen with any lammer??

Removed by zamiel (no one is going to send you their HD).

P.S.
Daemon Tools & ALcohoL 120% uZe the "SPTD.SYS" -- yes.
I Like ALcohoL 120%, but if this probLem has been systematically appearZ -- I'LL try to find someThing eLse..someThing better, that "this" softWare!!

[ BITbKO ]

#12 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:01 PM

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#13 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:10 AM

How are you so sure that sptd.sys caused the problem? If you reffer to the prompt "Press ESC button to cancel loading of sptd.sys", which is displayed when booting in Safe Mode, it is just a message that is always being displayed when booting in Safe Mode regardless the existance of a problem or not.

#14 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:44 AM

@Cat,

While your input is appreciated. Your post has been set to invisible as the two posters in this topic failed to supply system reports as requested.

#15 Trial User_phreud_*

Trial User_phreud_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Mar 15 2007, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Cat,

While your input is appreciated. Your post has been set to invisible as the two posters in this topic failed to supply system reports as requested.

WTF, I have Windows Vista Ultimate, and I ran into EXACTLY the same problem. I am using Daemon Tools, and I have a license to use Alcohol 120. I was trying to use the "anytime upgrade DVD" to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate and got this very same damn problem. I simply renamed sptd.sys to _broke_sptd-sys.bak and then Vista Ultimate finished upgrading successfully!!!

All I want to know is... how can I safely remove ALL TRACES of ANYTHING remotely related to sptd.sys, daemon tools, and alcohol, so that I can rest assured, that I don't have traces on my BRAND NEW Dell Insprion notebook!!!!!???????????

#16 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:23 AM

Please register for the customer only forum by using the contact page http://support.alcoh...mailsupport.php with the email address you used when registering, desired username and password to get access to priority support.

#17 Trial User_BITbKO_*

Trial User_BITbKO_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Mar 1 2007, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How are you so sure that sptd.sys caused the problem? If you reffer to the prompt "Press ESC button to cancel loading of sptd.sys", which is displayed when booting in Safe Mode, it is just a message that is always being displayed when booting in Safe Mode regardless the existance of a problem or not.

..that is always being displayed when booting in Safe Mode.. are You shure, that 'Press ESC button to cancel loading of sptd.sys' aLwayZ showen?? just _aLwayZ_ being dispLayed?? try to Load safeMode befor You InstaLL this softWare, and than show me where 'Press ESC button to cancel loading of sptd.sys' dispLayed. ok??

#18 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

Not sure what you are asking, but if you boot in to safe mode before installing Alcohol then obviously you would not be prompted to cancel the loading of the SPTD driver as it hasn't been installed yet.

#19 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (BITbKO @ Apr 8 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Charalambos @ Mar 1 2007, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

..that is always being displayed when booting in Safe Mode.. are You shure, that 'Press ESC button to cancel loading of sptd.sys' aLwayZ showen?? just _aLwayZ_ being dispLayed?? try to Load safeMode befor You InstaLL this softWare, and than show me where 'Press ESC button to cancel loading of sptd.sys' dispLayed. ok??

Don't be a retard.  He means whenever SPTD is installed, it will always prompt you to bypass when you boot to Safe Mode.

#20 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:35 AM

Exactly, so it can't be treated as a problem indication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users