Install Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Trial User_SuperDave_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_SuperDave_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

When installing the newest trial version of Alcohol, I received the normal warning and then the computer restarted. The installation program then continued, but now I receive an error after the 1st next button that says "Internal Setup Error. Please contact Support". Now anytime I try to run the install program, I receive the same error after clicking the first "next" box. My computer is as follows:

Dell Latitude D620 Laptop
XP Home w/ SP2
Intel T2400 @ 1.83GHz
2GB Ram

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

There is software on some Dell machines that prevents Alcohol from installing, it's called Broadcom Trusted Platform Module (when downloaded from the Dell drivers site) and is installed onto the system as Embassy Trusted Platform by Wave Systems. Once this software is uninstalled Alcohol runs fine.

If there is a error message saying Internal Error Contact Support please try the following.

Please highlight the exe file then in the Context Menu choose Run as it should then work.

#3 Trial User_Trial User_trialUser_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_trialUser_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:49 AM

I had this same problem on a new Dell machine. I did what you suggested by removing the Embassy Trust software through add/remove programs, and now Installshield Wizard fails to run when I try to install any program. ohmy.gif

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:38 PM

You are the only one who reports this problem. What exactly happens when you try to install a program?
Also you can ask Dell for support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users