No music in game (but other sounds work ok)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Trial User_Bob_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Bob_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:37 AM

I downloaded the Alcohol 120% trial and started doing some tests with virual drives. I created, mounted and used ISO images for 3 of my games without any issues at all. The 4th game (Age of Empires II - The Conquerors) did not let me select an ISO image so I used the MDS default. The image mounted and the game plays but the background music does not (all the other sounds work). I attempted to send the system info using the "Send to Support Team" button but that keeps on trying to set up Outlook Express and I only use Web mail. I will gladly send the saved info via web mail if you provide the proper e-mail address and/or procedures.

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:35 AM

Simply copy and paste it into your post.

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:59 PM

Thank you. I removed your system report after reviewing it, just in case you're wondering. For future reference, if you wish to use e-mail support, you can save the SysRep file as a text document and attach it in your webmail program and send it to support@alcohol-soft.com. As for your problem, this is an older game if I'm not mistaken. If so, try setting your virtual drive letter below your physical drives letter (f.e. if your physical drive is D:, set it to E: and set your virtual drive to D:). Some older games will only play their audio tracks when running from the lowest drive letter.

#4 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:29 PM

That did the trick. I changed my regular CD drive to letter Z and then the ISO mounted image to D. The background music played. I see that Alcohol has command line capabilities. Is there a Windows command line function to change the drive letter of my CD-ROM? If so I could write a batch file to complete the task and everything would be set. Thanks for your help. I love the product so far.

#5 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

Unfortunately, there's no command line functionality for changing the driver letters, unless there's such an option available in Windows itself that I'm unaware of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users