Can't burn images

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Kirby2000_*

Trial User_Kirby2000_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:32 AM

Hi!

I made an image of my scratched DVD. Now i want to burn it on a new one but when i select the image and press "Start" a window shows me the status of my DVD Burner. First "initialising..." and then "empty disc (DVD)" and nothing more happens.
The most curious thing is when i try to regulate the writing speed. The lowest is 16x and the highest is 120x! blink.gif
I hope someone can help me!?
BTW: sorry that my english is awful, but i'm ready with school and had no english lesson since 4 months! smile.gif

Kirby

System report removed - Jito463

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

Thank you for posting your system report. I've removed it after reviewing and will try to answer your question shortly. In the meantime, did you have a previous trial version installed before this?

#3 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Sep 6 2006, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the meantime, did you have a previous trial version installed before this?

Yes, i did have a previous trial version installed, but i uninstalled it complete and clean before installing the new one. And no, i did not forget to reboot between the several steps.
Thanks for helping!
Kirby

#4 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:27 AM

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I had to verify something first. As to your problem, the message "Empty Disc (DVD)" indicates that Alcohol needs a CD to burn to, not a DVD. Either your original disc was actually a CD, or the data was so small that Alcohol considers it a CD instead of DVD. There is an option when burning to allow you to burn to DVD if you like (it should pop up when you click next to burn). Otherwise, just put in a CD and burn to that instead.

#5 Trial User_Kirby2000_*

Trial User_Kirby2000_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

Thanks a lot!! Now it works!
You're right that the image was originally a cd, but i wanted to put it on a dvd cause i do not have much cds left to burn on. Most the time the easiest solution is the best solution. ^^
Cya
Kirby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users