• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

Hi,
I'm trying to backup Call of Duty 2.
I burnt using Safedisc 2/3 setting, 4x read, 4x write.

Installation was fine until disc 5, when it couldn't read one of the files. However, I think this was actually a problem with disc 1, because the installer also seemed to forget there was a sixth disc.

To try and issolate the problem, I installed using the originals, and all six discs installed fine. It played using the original disc 1 too. When I tried to play using the backup disc it gave me an error message to remove and reinsert the CD. Reinserting the CD brings the error up again.

Any ideas?

{system report removed by ptolomeus3}

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:59 AM

SafeDisc games require an EFM Capable drive in order to backup them up successfully. Have you tried to mount the images in the virtual drive and install from them to see if you have good working images before burning them?

#3 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Sep 29 2006, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SafeDisc games require an EFM Capable drive in order to backup them up successfully. Have you tried to mount the images in the virtual drive and install from them to see if you have good working images before burning them?

Thanks - I'll try that when I get time and get back to you.

I looked to see if my drive supported EFM on the list of drives here, but it wasn't listed. I'll download the test files and try them out and get back with those results too. Does it need to score one, two or three sheep to be considered successful?

#4 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:41 AM

Two. There are no three sheep burners available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users