Windows thinks my emulated CD Audio format

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Dudemannaroo_*

Trial User_Dudemannaroo_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:05 PM

I onece owned the game, so please, no accusations of piracy. I looked at the info of the mounted virtual CD so I can emulate with magic engine to test before I burn, & it shows the data tracks, but when I look inside the 'CD' in the My computer window, I see only the audio tracks, & when I attempt to boot the CD with magic engine, it is labelled audio CD, & it opens the music player of the Turbo duo emulator.

Now, what setting am I doing wrong?? What do I need to do to endure that windows doesnt think the emulated drive is not just an audio CD, it also has data in it. ... I loaded the .cue file in the archve as instructed, & this is my problem. Please help... My main computer is down, & I am unable to pursure my projects until it is fixed, & I need to play some dracula blood no ronda...

Thanks,
Dave

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:08 PM

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

And please elaborate on "Once owned the game", what you are trying to burn and how you made the image. Thanks.

#3 Trial User_Trial User_david_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_david_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:22 AM

well, I`m just saying that when I was a teen, I owned it, & now I have obtained the archive in ISO/MP3 format, (2 ISO files & a bunch of MP3s each named track1.iso, track2.wav, etc... that must first be converted to wav prior to mounting the .cue file. I have done that. What my problem is that I`m not trying to burn anything... I am testing the ability to emulate the image via a TG16 emulator, MAgic Engine, however, it cannot emulate ISO/MP3 archives directly, they must be burnt, or emulated with dameon tools or Alcohol 120% by fooling windows that there is a CD in the drive, but the problem is that it just sees the audion tracks, & the name of the CD is audio CD... There is a problem here... The edata tracks should be there too, & it should not be seen as an audio CD, unless I`m doind something wrong with the settings in Alcohol 120....

Thanks,
Dave

#4 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:00 AM

If you do not own it now, we cannot help you. You must own the original in the present, not the past.

Also to obtain help in the trial forum, a System Report is required as per my original post. No report, no help, sorry, but that is the way it goes.

#5 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:01 AM

Sorry, but we are not able to help you.

You must supply a System Report from within Alcohol (as requested by Zamiel) and you must own the original Software. You are not complying with both of them.

Topic closed.

EDIT: I see that Zamiel was just a little faster as I was - again - blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users