Successful making a StarForce protected image

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Sergious_*

Trial User_Sergious_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:28 AM

Hello, could your explain step by step image creation of starforce protected disk?
Wich options should I check to do this?
And how about disabling IDE disks?
Does your latest version works with StarForce version 4?

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:39 AM

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Sergious @ Oct 23 2006, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, could your explain step by step image creation of starforce protected disk?
Wich options should I check to do this?

As these are basically the same question, I'll answer them together. For a SF protected CD, simply use the appropriate SF profile in Alcohol. For a SF protected DVD, select Data Position Measurement (DPM) with High precision and maximum read speed.

And how about disabling IDE disks?
Does your latest version works with StarForce version 4?

Some versions of SF simply require anti-blacklisting tools like SFNightmare, though these can cause problems potentially. Other versions require unplugging your physical IDE CD/DVD drives. Some versions you may just need to burn a physical backup CD for. It all depends on the version of SF used. Your best bet is to post regarding a specific game letting us know the exact version of the copy protection used. You can find that out by using ProtectionID.

#4 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Oct 24 2006, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. For a SF protected CD, simply use the appropriate SF profile in Alcohol. For a SF protected DVD, select Data Position Measurement (DPM) with High precision and maximum read speed.
2. Your best bet is to post regarding a specific game letting us know the exact version of the copy protection used. You can find that out by using ProtectionID.

I have done this yet. I burned two images - first with SF profile and second with General Protected CD profile and all cheked options within. It didn't work, both of them. Beside, I noticed that in name of SF profile are mentioned 1/2/3 versions, but on my system during installation of protected application has been installed 4.x version SF driver also. That's why I ask you about Alcohol ability to work with SF 4.
And finally could you tell me more about ProtectionID?

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

1. Since your game seems to be on CD use the Starforce 1/2/3 profile as Jito said, it works for Starforce 4 too. Extract the DPM data at high accuracy( not at normal as is the profile's default) and slowest speed, preferably 1x.
2. Protection ID is a copy protection detection program which detects the protection(s) that a disk has and their exact version. You'll easily find about it by doing a search in the web.

#6 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:38 AM

Thanks guys!
All done. I've burned image with SF profile at low speed and high accuracy of DPM and low read and write drive speed. Then I tested this image for successful operability and wrote back to blank CD. One moment - RPMS needs present in background tool such Alcohol or Daemon with RPMS option checked.

ProtectionID lists following:

Scanning -> H:\run.dll
File Type : Dll, Size : 307554 (04B162h) Bytes
[!] Starforce v3.7.17.01 (Build 11.07.06) detected !
[!] [PROTECTiON LEVEL] -> Starforce Professional
[!] [PROTECTiON iNFO] -> cd/dvd check enabled, identification of emulators is on
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> SerialNumber
- Scan Took : 0.860 Seconds

Scanning -> H:\run.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 9181806 (08C1A6Eh) Bytes
-> File has 8826974 (086B05Eh) bytes of appended data starting at offset 056A10h
[!] Starforce Protect.exe v3.6.10.06 - 3.7.19.02
- Scan Took : 2.406 Seconds

Scanning -> H:\setup.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 918052 (0E0224h) Bytes
[!] Starforce wrapped !
- Scan Took : 0.672 Seconds

Scanning -> H:\RunImage\pdd.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 2417188 (024E224h) Bytes
[!] Starforce wrapped !
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> InsertCD
- Scan Took : 0.172 Seconds

#7 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:19 AM

So it's really a Starforce copy protected game. It would be interesting to know the name of the game also. As for successfully backing up your disk we are just glad we were of help. smile.gif

#8 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Mar 29 2007, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it's really a Starforce copy protected game. It would be interesting to know the name of the game also. As for successfully backing up your disk we are just glad we were of help. smile.gif

Your answering an old post ? Oct 25 2006

#9 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:52 AM

Was resurrected by spam so he probably didn't notice the date smile.gif

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team