ARMADILLO/SAFEDISC 4.00 NOT IMAGING

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:47 AM

Hello, I am trying to make a back up of one of my language learning programs called the rosetta stone, and am having problems. When I use A-RAY to detect the disk protection it says it resembles safedisc 4.00, then I tried protection ID and scanned the autoplay.exe file and got Armadillo (unknown version). I tried scanning the .dll file with protect id and it said no protection detected.

I have tried disk type as safedisc 2/3/4 and alcohol 120 tells me that this disk type cannot be used because it does not see a RMPS on the source disc. but when I choose regular safedisc, or safedisc 2/3/4 write emf, it takes the image. I have tried burning both versions, and they both have problems when accessing the backup copy. Some portions of the backup will run but like the image and sound data from the disc seems to be missing, and my drives seem to have difficulty reading the back up disc. Please help me! I didnt know where to post the system report so I will just copy paste below.

{System report removed by ptolomeus3}

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:27 AM

Hello,
Are we speaking about CD´s or DVD´s?
Which version of ProtectionID are you using?
Did you scan the directory on your HDD (programm need to be installed)?
Did you try to install from the Image? Does that function / run OK?

#3 Trial User_Trial User_kevin_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_kevin_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:59 AM

The software is cd format.
There are 3 discs involved. #1 disc is the install disc. #2 disc is lvl 1&2(skill level), #3 disc is lvl 3
The lvl 3 disc works although I used blindwrite 6 for that one. and the #1 installation disc worked with nero burning rom. The software does not install #2&3 discs into the hdd, it rather reads it straight from the cd in the drive. (this is why I wanted to make a backup, because I keep taking the disc in and out of the drive to play other cds and thus scratching the cd)
The protection id was v.5.2b, I believe it is the newest version.
The software only reads the disc so I can't install from the image.

THank you for the fast response, I hope you can help me.

#4 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:44 AM

Use:

Alcohol 120% to create the image. Use here the

a. mds/mdf-format (that is our native formate and therefore
we support this format optimal)

B. use profile "SafeDisk 2/3"

c. mount the image

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

I have tried disk type as safedisc 2/3/4 and alcohol 120 tells me that this disk type cannot be used because it does not see a RMPS on the source disc.

In order to copy a disk using the Safedisk 2/3/4 datatype( with RMPS v2) you must make an image first, you can't copy it on the fly( as I have the impression that you tried to) due to the need for extracting the RMPS data. These data are stored in the image and are read from it when burning it.

Edited by Charalambos, 19 December 2006 - 01:00 PM.

#6 Trial User_Trial User_kevin_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_kevin_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:55 PM

Thank you for the replies. I tried about 10 different methods last nights, ending up with 10 coasters....
I took your suggestion and made the mds image and saved it to my hd which did work with rmps. However, after I burned the cd it would only play as long as alchohol was running the emulation I guess. So I tried burning another cd without the emulation settings only checking the middle "without the drive recognition" option. That also did not work. So then I thought since my image mode setting for safedisc 2/3/4 had been set to include rmps, I decided to uncheck that option and image again to my hd. Again the burned cds failed to work. I also noticed in the read cd setting there was the enhanced sector scanner option so I tried to image again with that setting enabled which also didnt work. However, on the cds that I burned without rmps, the program stated that the cd was not there and to eject and reload the cd, despite the fact that when I first put in the disc it shows a prompt to start the program.

I also wanted to know if you could clarify for me if my understanding is correct. Emulation more or less refers to instances where the system attempting to play the cd has alchohol or daemon running rmps correct? So in other words, if I burn a cd with rmps emulation enabled, it would only be able to run on machines that have the emulation ie. alchohol daemon etc. correct? In my case, I would like to be able to run the cd without having to have any additional software. Also, one of the admins had mentioned for me to mount the image. Does that mean to create virtual image drive and place it in there? that would only be able to play on my hd correct? Or is that another method for me to burn onto cd, ie. mount as image then burn the mount? if thats possible.

Luckily I just got a new computer last week, and each image reading process only takes about 17-20 minutes. I can just tell, if I had my old p3....I would prolly be very sad. I am open to any further suggestions and will try anything you guys might suggest. Also, I wanted to ask if there was any significance to the fact that protection id detected armadillo, whereas a-ray detected safedisc 4.00(which btw a-ray said shows seems to behave like safedisc4.00)
Just in case there may be some discreptancies in my settings, I will repost my system report:

System report removed by admin

#7 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:58 AM

1. A-ray is outdated an no longer updated by the developer so can give false info on newer discs.

2. If the disc requiers emulation, then you will need Alcohol or another emulation software installed on the PC you wish to run it on, there is no way round this.

3. Mounting the image in virtual drive simply means the image will behave just as though you have inserted a disc, it is to save you having to write an image to disc, sometimes the only way to get a back up to work is by imaging it and running it in virtual drive.

#8 Trial User_Trial User_Kevin_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Kevin_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:10 AM

=( I was hoping for some way to make it work. I really do appreciate you admins responding so fast to the requests on the forums. I would also like to say that your English is very good for people in Denmark Greece etc. But anyhow, so I guess there wasn't any problems with my system settings then. Do you guys know of any programs that deal with the armadillo protection? I wish there was something else I could try. Thank you very much anyhow

#9 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:47 AM

Daemon Tools and Alcohol 52% free edition are freeware programs, why don't you just use the emulation that they provide in order to play with your copy, which as you say you have already been able to do? That of course in case that you don't buy Alcohol and your trial expires. As far as I understand this is what you are concerned with, if you'll be able to use your images or copies after the trial version's expiration, and this is the answer to your concern. On the other hand if you decide to buy Alcohol you won't regret it, at least I didn't. wink.gif

Edited by Charalambos, 20 December 2006 - 10:54 AM.

#10 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

By purchasing you have the satisfaction of knowing your money is going towards supporting further development of the software, that you will have access to the purchased users forum where you will find information not available in the trial users forum, you will have free priority email support, you will be supporting this trial users forum available to others like yourself who have questions they would like answering prior to purchasing.

#11 Trial User_txgi108_*

Trial User_txgi108_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:21 PM

I just purchased 120% and need some help. I'm a fairly knowledgeable user, but this is my first time using this sort of program. I have new rosetta stone program (legally purchased) and I am trying to get the CD to run from my virtual drive (optical drive uses too much battery on my laptop). I have no idea on how to even find what sort of protection the disk has. I would like some help on getting this up and running. Thanks in advance,

Bob

#12 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

If you've purchased Alcohol, you should send an e-mail to support@alcohol-soft.com with the following information to gain access to the customer support forum.

E-mail addressed used to purchase Alcohol
Desired username
Desired password

#13 Trial User_txgi108_*

Trial User_txgi108_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:57 AM

Thanks, will do

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users