6 replies to this topic

#1 duydaniel

duydaniel

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

Hello.

The reason I bought Alcohol is that it support burn several discs simultaneously if you have several burners.
Nero is too expensive, the OEM does not do the job.

First, I suggest that if developers can develope the software to burn different images on different burner as it can burn one image on several burners. Adding to Alcohol a unique function.

Second, Alcohol should give users a "recomended speed" both for burning and copying base on disctype and the kind of media (Sony, Maxell...) In PC with several burners, the software should automatically detect blank disc in tray to choose the burner as default every time (the user after insert the blank disc won't have to choose which burner since the software automatically chose which tray already.)

Third, the interface should be design to attractive but more simplicity (concise). Such as, friendly 3D button, WindowsVistalike...

Fourth, support more image format such as Blindwrite (already support Blindread)...

Fifth, can make customized data disc as Nero OEM.

#2 duydaniel

duydaniel

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Another thought,

I am not a gamer, however, I have many CDs and DVDs with many topics. I often encounter with difficult when trying to manage these images. They are like a mess inside the view windows of Alcohol. I am having about 50 images and going to backup another 100s. My suggestion is that developers may add something by which users can manage, arrange his or her mess of images.

Like making list such as MS Excel to manage images with topic including search function RIGHT AT THE INTERFACE of Alcohol. You may organize images like registry structure, (when you click on plus sign, it turn into minutes and drop down another branches...) so that users can handle his or her valuable images effectively.

Alcohol is my first purchased software, I used to use cracked softwares all the time in my past. Finally, I relize that God want me to do right. Therefore, maybe that is why I would like to invest my love to improve Alcohol. When I said Alcohol, I meant the software, I don't drink of course. biggrin.gif

Edited by duydaniel, 14 January 2007 - 09:56 PM.

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:36 AM

The first suggestion isn't really feasible, unless you're running high-speed SCSI drives. In which case, I suppose you could have two or more instances of Alcohol open to burn multiple images.

Your fourth suggesion about Blindwrite images depends on VSO's willingness to allow it. The developers of the particular spec have to permit other companies to use their format. It's not up to the Alcohol devs.

And as far as your fifth suggestion goes, premastering support has been in the works for some time now. It's always been planned from the beginning, though of course there is no ETA for when it will be available.

Your second suggestion may not be feasible to implement due to variances in medi and firmware.

As for your third suggestion, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I rather like the current interface.

Your follow-up post is a good idea though, and has been brought up before by others as well. Here's hoping it (or something like it) is implemented in a future update.

Keep in mind that this is just my reactions to your suggestions. The devs read and weigh all suggestions themselves.

#4 duydaniel

duydaniel

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:23 PM

Hello Jito463

The first suggestion isn't really feasible, unless you're running high-speed SCSI drives. In which case, I suppose you could have two or more instances of Alcohol open to burn multiple images.
Actually, I used to burn 2 different images by running 2 Alcohol at once without any problem (plus Antivirus On, surfing web.) My HDD is SATA 2, I believe any recently HDD can do the same too since the loading data speed of HDD is far higher than the burning speed, even burning 2 images.

Your second suggestion may not be feasible to implement due to variances in medi and firmware.

Well, I think that if the software may intelligently detect which tray has the blank disc and choose it for users, it would be great. All developers, I believe, would like their product looks smart.

About the interface, don't you notice that the more attractive a program looks, the more chance it gets people buying it. And quality, of course, is piority.(theory) smile.gif

Edited by duydaniel, 15 January 2007 - 03:25 PM.

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

And quality, of course, is piority.(theory)

Quality is priority in practise, not in theory. Who would ever buy a program with a "super" GUI that in fact does nothing? We use Alcohol fot the thinks it can do, not for its( in my opinion really) good GUI. That, of course, doesn't mean that we don't care about the GUI at all, but it just isn't the essence.

#6 duydaniel

duydaniel

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

By "theory", I meant what is taught in school.
In order to win in business field, your quality of product should come first in piority, however, pay attention on the attractiveness also. Just few thoughts. smile.gif

#7 khat17

khat17

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:40 PM

IMHO, the features provided by ALCOHOL are stable, and rounded for your day-to-day needs. I like the interface, but a few tweaks to what can be done would be nice. The interface is nice, but maybe for the Vista - oriented applications these days a newer interface should be implemented. Would skinning be an option for this?

PeAcE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users