Halo Disc Image

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Peter Huang_*

Trial User_Peter Huang_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

Hey Alcohol Soft,

I am new to Alcohol 120% and disc imaging. I would like to know how to make a working image of the Halo game for PC so I can mount it and not have to use the CD every time. I see that I can mount it on to a virtual drive.

I would be so grateful of you guys here at the forums to help me and teach me how to set up and make a disc image. I understand thus far that there is some form of disc protection involved. I also read around and found some topics on changing the settings. Can anyone here please help me and teach me how to make a working copy of Halo.

Sorry for the long read and I greatly appreciate it.

Report>>

System report removed by zamiel

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:14 AM

1. Insert the disc.
2. Click the image making wizard.
3. Select the Safedisc 2/3/4 Datatype in the drop down list box at the bottom left.
4. Click next.
5. Select the location and the click Start.

You will get a number of disc read errors at the begining of the disc. Simply let them pass through. These may take awhile depending on your drive's capabilities.

6. When the image is made, mount the image in the virtual drive, install the game and play.

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:34 AM

To verify the copy protection yourself (so you know which datatype/settings to use), search Google for ProtectionID.

#4 Trial User_Peter Huang_*

Trial User_Peter Huang_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:01 AM

I heard you need some programs like SD4Hide or something to hide or make the game playable on virtual drives. Is that true? Please give some insights.

#5 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:32 PM

Halo is fairly old SafeDisc protected game so you should not need to use SD4Hider or any blacklist removal tools like you would for some modern day protected games.

#6 Trial User_Peter Huang_*

Trial User_Peter Huang_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

Thank you guys. I am considering to buy the lifetime updates version of the Alcohol 120%. Can anyone put in simple terms whats the difference between the trial and the full version?

#7 Trial User_Peter Huang_*

Trial User_Peter Huang_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:26 PM

and also between Alcohol 120% and 52%

Sorry for the double post.

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

Alcohol 120% has the burning engine (creates Images and Writes them to CD/DVD) where as Alcohol 52% only can create images.

#9 Trial User_Peter Huang_*

Trial User_Peter Huang_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

OK Thanks.

One more question: can Alcohol 52% do the same image making job as Alcohol 120%?

#10 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

Yup

#11 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

As for trial versus full version, the only limitations in the trial are the 30-day time limit, the reduced number of virtual drives, and that it can't be registered. Other than that, it's identical to the full version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users