Vista Administrator Rights

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Arbanak_*

Trial User_Arbanak_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

I downloaded and installed Alcohol 120% 1.9.6.4719 on a PC running Vista Home Premium. The install seemed to complete successfully, but when I try to run Alcohol, I get an error message saying "After install Alcohol must be run for the first time with Administrator rights enabled, otherwise Alcohol's Virtual Adapter will not be enabled. Alcohol will now shut down!"

This computer has only one user account, which of course has administrator rights. Is there something I need to do to enable those rights? Or is something else going on?

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:14 PM

Right-click on the shortcut and select "Run as" to run as Administrator.

#3 Trial User_7ru7h_*

Trial User_7ru7h_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:02 AM

dry.gif
QUOTE (Arbanak @ Feb 7 2007, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This computer has only one user account, which of course has administrator rights. Is there something I need to do to enable those rights? Or is something else going on?

I had this same problem... The way i fixed it was i disables the UAC (User Account Control) and restarted, ran Alcohol, then reset the UAC and restarted again.

The only real problem i have as of now is that it wont make images of my CD's

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:59 AM

Try to do as Jito has suggested. By the way the new user accounts in Windows Vista are restricted by default and not administrative by default as they are in Windows XP. I assume that only the Administrator account that you can see in the safe mode( in Windows XP, I don't know if it is accessible in any additional ways in Windows Vista) is the only one with administrator rights untill any other administrator account is created.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users