• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Terramex

Terramex

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:07 AM

Afaik DPM of second layer of DL DVDs isn't really needed to authenticate copy.
To save some time you could set it as standard to only measure the first layer.

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

Are you sure about it? And what if a new version of Securom checks the second layer too?

#3 Terramex

Terramex

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Feb 18 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what if a new version of Securom checks the second layer too?
It could have been implemented as an option in General Reading settings, or in the window where DPM speed is set

... but i've only now noticed that DPM of first layer will be saved when extraction of second layer is interupted by user happy.gif
So my new suggestion is to have the option to continue image creation after stopping DPM extraction, and maybe to also save DPM data when stopping extraction in first layer.

Edited by Terramex, 19 February 2007 - 07:17 AM.

#4 ChiefNuts

ChiefNuts

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Terramex @ Feb 19 2007, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Charalambos @ Feb 18 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what if a new version of Securom checks the second layer too?
It could have been implemented as an option in General Reading settings, or in the window where DPM speed is set

... but i've only now noticed that DPM of first layer will be saved when extraction of second layer is interupted by user happy.gif
So my new suggestion is to have the option to continue image creation after stopping DPM extraction, and maybe to also save DPM data when stopping extraction in first layer.

How about an option where you can set if you want both layers or not. On one game I did notice a 2nd layer spike at the end. The name of the game eludes me, but I completely agree, I sit and wait for at least an hour before it fails. Having an option to say "skip DPM on second layer" would be VERY NICE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users