Blaupuntk Tele Atlas TravelPilot DX CD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Trial User_Mike_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Mike_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

Hello

First attempt with Alcohol, and having problems, I have heard and been told that it's the best out there, so it must be something I am doing, as I know next to nothing.

Right, I am trying to make a copy of Tele Atlas United Kingdom & Ireland 2004/2005 DX CD. It's a Blaupuntk Sat Nav map cd for a in car all in one system, (Sat Nav, CD player and radio).
The original works fine, but when I try to use a copy, the in car display says "no DX cd found" and doesn’t work.

A-Ray Scanner reports [22:41:07 PM] SafeDisc detected -> D:\cd1-1881 v3 [D36E4C59]
[22:41:33 PM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2/3

I have tried Alcohol with all the safedisc types, but none work, at the beginning of the process it reports “read data examination error at:809” and then lots more of the same but with different numbers.

Read somewhere that DX cd’s may be DVD’s, but it doesn’t look like one, and I tried copying onto a DVD and got the same result.

Tried at the slowest speeds, tried doing an image copy, tried cd copy, tried just copying the contents of the cd using just windows copy and paste, no luck, but with the copy and paste method, the copied files were a different size to the original.

Thanks for any help.
Mike

System report removed by zamiel

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:30 AM

The ability to burn a working copy of a Safedisc protected disc that works without emulation is completely dependant on the burner used. Not all burners can do this. Most require emulation to be enabled (which obviously won't work in your car). You could try ripping/writing at various different speeds, but it's very possible that your drive just can't handle it.

#3 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

Try again with minimum burning speed( 1x is the best) and if you fail again you can additionaly try the "Bypass EFM errors" option when burning the CD.

#4 Trial User_Trial User_Mike_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Mike_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ May 6 2007, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ability to burn a working copy of a Safedisc protected disc that works without emulation is completely dependant on the burner used. Not all burners can do this. Most require emulation to be enabled (which obviously won't work in your car). You could try ripping/writing at various different speeds, but it's very possible that your drive just can't handle it.

Just read this on another web site "to backup the DX disc you need a writer with a renesas (many LG drives) chipset. Some users reported that they were successful with Mediatek (LiteOn, Samsung, Asus) chipset as well.
It does not work with Matsushita/Panasonic (some LG drives) chipset.

In addition, you have to use the "amplify weak sectors" setting!! "

Might have to buy a LG burner

#5 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

Play with the one you have first. NEC drives are pretty good drives too...... It also depends on the version of SafeDisc protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users