can't cancel image drive

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Mezmerize_*

Trial User_Mezmerize_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:56 AM

hi guys! i uninstalled months ago alcohol forgettin to turn image drives to 0, so now i have on "my computer" a virtual drive i can not use and can not cancel. How can i cancel it please? Tryied running SPTDinst but nothing happened !! Please help me,what schould i do?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:50 AM

Do you remember the Alcohol's version or at least if SPTD has been installed with it?

#3 Trial User_mezmerize_*

Trial User_mezmerize_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Jun 9 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you remember the Alcohol's version or at least if SPTD has been installed with it?

unfortunately i don't remember the version of alcohol because i installed it maybe 6-7months ago.....
Also i'm not sure if SPTD was installed with it, but i think so ,becouse yesterday, when i installed SPTD it said that was found an earlier version of SPTD in my computer, and i've never installed other programs since then...(deamon tools or other, i've only installed alcohol.once!)
Can you help me? what happens if i download and install the trial version of alcohol? Do i resolve anything?

#4 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

If SPTD already exists then the standalone SPTD from http://www.duplexsecure.com should ask you if you would like to remove it.

Failing that, installing the trial version won't help you much as the 30 day period has expired, however you could download and install Alcohol 52% Free Edition and hopefully that will use the drive already installed thus allowing you to remove it inside the program.

#5 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:28 AM

Yes,but what if i install the trial version of 120% ,just for one day, can i cancel my image drive, and then uninstall it again ? or installing the free version of 52% is better? Thank you for your help!

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:00 AM

If the 30-days trial period of Alcohol 120% has expired you won't be able to run it even if you install it. Why don't you try the standalone SPTD as zamiel suggested? It will most probably do the job.

#7 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:22 AM

SPTD didn't work! it was the first thing i tried...runned SPTD, made uninstall, reboot but nothing happened...
Now ,i was thinking to install again alcohol 120% (the trial version) and unistall it before it expires, just run it once, turn image drives into 0 and uninstall alcohol. should it cancel my image drive ????

#8 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

I installed now the trial version of alcohol but the virtual drive were already 0 so i couldn't cancel anything..... Iguess i have to reinstall my windows....######!

#9 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:37 AM

Are you sure that this virtual drive is Alcohol's? If you had other applications with virtual drives installed e.g. Daemon Tools then it may be theirs.
Anyway try uninstalling Alcohol and then SPTD once more, it may be of help.

#10 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:43 AM

thank you charalambos.... but unfortunately didn't work...installed the trial version of alcoho, the image drive was turned 0, unistalled alcohol and STDP, but nothing... The last thing i have to try is daemon tool., maybe it's his virtual drive but i don't think so. Let's try and see..
Thank you again for your answers

#11 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

I would try disabling Daemon Tools virtual drive and see what happens as Alcohol and Daemon Tools virtual drive are based on the same "technology".

#12 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

If you uninstalled SPTD, then the virtual drive can't remain. Check to make sure you don't have any unrelated virtual drive software installed, such as Nero's or CloneCD's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users