SPTD freezes my computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Trial User_Carl_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Carl_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

I have bought a new system, my motherboard uses nvidia 650i sli chipset, it seems SPTD has serious issues with nvidia drivers. From a clean installation of Windows XP SP2 completely updated i cannot use any version of SPTD without freezing my computer at random times after logging into windows. I have tried all versions of SPTD up to 1.49 beta. Uninstalling SPTD the computer works flawlessly. Why are you guys using this crappy SPTD driver?

Thx

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Jun 20 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SPTD (SCSI Pass Through Direct) is a necessary driver component for the virtual drives. Without it, the virtual drives cannot operate.

Sorry to hear that. Any logs which we may send to the makers of SPTD?

#3 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

How can i get a log? No BSOD here, it just freezes, so no log generated?

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:28 AM

Please look at the Event Viewer in case there are any error messages related to your problem.

#5 Trial User_Trial User_Carl_*_*

• Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

The only problem i had was with DCOM not being able to be initialized properly, thats because i disable uPnP service in windows.

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

So you solved your problem, don't you? Yet it doesn't sound like something related to SPTD...

#7 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

Lucky for you, we have that same board here at work so I was able to setup a test-bed system and try it out. I tried with both an IDE drive and a SATA drive, and installed XP Pro SP2, followed by all the drivers for the motherboard. Afterwards, I installed SPTD 1.49 beta and rebooted. In both instances, the system rebooted without any problems. There must be something else in your system that's causing a conflict, because I can't reproduce your problem.

#8 Trial User_Trial User_Carl_*_*

• Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

I installed winxp, then sp2, then nvidia chipset drivers, then fully updated winxp through windows update. Then after installing SPTD the system starts to freeze sad.gif My motherboard is an Asus P5N-E SLI. Others seem to have similar freezing problems: http://forum.duplexs...hread.php?t=355

#9 Trial User_Squall Leonhart_*

Trial User_Squall Leonhart_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Trial User_Carl_* @ Jun 22 2007, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I installed winxp, then sp2, then nvidia chipset drivers, then fully updated winxp through windows update. Then after installing SPTD the system starts to freeze sad.gif My motherboard is an Asus P5N-E SLI. Others seem to have similar freezing problems: http://forum.duplexs...hread.php?t=355

can you check what drivers you are using, this sounds like an issue which was linked to nvidia's 6.83 drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users