• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kodiak536

kodiak536

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

It would be a nice feature to have a 3rd party softwares to launch automatically for each image, as in sd4hider and Yasu. For each image we make and mount on virtual drive, have an option to "launch sd4hider" check box for Safedisk4 protected games or Yasu for Securom protected and so on with a "browse" button to locate such programs to launch. rolleyes.gif

#2 Terramex

Terramex

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:48 AM

Google for runit4me
A nice tool by padkill of Copybase

#3 kodiak536

kodiak536

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Terramex @ Oct 1 2007, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Google for runit4me
A nice tool by padkill of Copybase

Thanks for the link, Terramex. It's either I don't know what I'm doing or this don't work for me or my system. As with any other "loading" softwares, I still need to do them manually. I was suggesting integrated software, such as YASU, which launch automatically as Alcohol is started.

#4 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

Sorry, I really not fully understand your idea.

Do you want a tool that can start an emulation tool such as YASU, SD4Hider, then mount the image you want to play?

In other words, a tool which does two things: Mounting images and executing emulation tools?

#5 kodiak536

kodiak536

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (MaLing @ Jan 11 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, I really not fully understand your idea.

Do you want a tool that can start an emulation tool such as YASU, SD4Hider, then mount the image you want to play?

In other words, a tool which does two things: Mounting images and executing emulation tools?

Hey MaLing cool.gif
No, that's not what I mean. I would like for Alcohol 120% to automatically launch "hider" tools, such as YASU when I open Alcohol 120%. That way, all I need to do is mount the image I want to play, instead of first launching ,say YASU, then open Alcohol 120% and then mount the image and in some case click on the desktop Icon dry.gif
Another words, I would like a 1 click launch of everything I need to play a game when I start Alcohol 120% whistling.gif with the exception of the game image, if not already mounted. Yeah, I'm a "speed freak" rolleyes.gif Although it'll only take a few seconds to launch the tools and Alcohol, I like the idea of "one stop shopping", if you will blush.gif

#6 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

The main reason I could see this not happening, is that YASU is meant to be a stopgap measure, inbetween updates of the copy protection and updates of Alcohol. There's not much point in Alcohol modifying it's code to automatically run a program that's only supposed to be a stopgap measure in the first place. I can see your POV, but I don't think it will ever happen.

#7 kodiak536

kodiak536

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

Thanks Jito463, I guess I need to slow down in my old age and not be so lazy as well tongue.gif It was just an idea.

#8 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

I agree with Jito, it is unlikely for Alcohol to function this.

However, these may be possible by an external tool, which starts YASU, then mounts an image. In the settings of Alcohol for virtual drives, we can just set 'AutoPlay' on, so when an image is mounted by the external tool, the game immediately starts. But I have no idea where to find this external tool.

Some people by themselves write a batch file to do all these. First line of the file executes YASU, then use the 'Alcohol Command Launcher' to mount an image.

Edited by MaLing, 12 January 2008 - 10:40 PM.

#9 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

Perhaps you're thinking of Daemon Script, MaLing?

#10 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Yes I did think of Daemon Script. I even wanted to ask Kodiak to make a suggestion in Daemon Script sub-forum for executing YASA.

But each Daemon Script can mount only a preset image, it is not flexible for Kodiak.

#11 Terramex

Terramex

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (MaLing @ Jan 13 2008, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I did think of Daemon Script. I even wanted to ask Kodiak to make a suggestion in Daemon Script sub-forum for executing YASA.
That's what runit4me already is capable of: it alters desktop- or startmenu-links of applications/games so that by using that link the image gets mounted and drives/controllers cloaked by YASU; after ending the app/game it also automatically unmounts/uncloaks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users