10 replies to this topic

#1 FalseReality

FalseReality

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:51 PM

I've recently found out about the Alcohol Soft software and I feel that this software is what I needed to create image files from PS2 disks. Everything is going great but when I attempt to make a .iso file of the disk, I can't make a .iso file. It only allows me to do .mds files. I have tried to download both Alcohol 52% and 120% (not together at the same time, one Alcohol software at a time) to three different computers and they still didn't allow me to make .iso files. Any idea why?

Thank you for your time and for your free use of the software. It's just what I need. smile.gif

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:06 AM

Image formats available depends on the datatype you select. When backing up PS2 CDs and DVDs, please consult the FAQ section:

PS2 CD

http://support.alcoh...k up a PS2 Disc

PS2 DVD

http://support.alcoh...d...=PS2 (DVD)

#3 FalseReality

FalseReality

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:07 AM

I don't know if what I want to do is the same as what you think I want. I'm making a .iso file of the PS2 disk because I'm using a PS2 emulator and I think it only reads .iso files. I go to Data Type Settings and choose "Playstation 2" for Disk Type but I press ok and it switches back to Audio CD. When I try to make the image file, it only gives me the option of making a .mds.

Here is a link to what it looks like.

http://img232.images...0problemcj5.jpg

#4 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:22 AM

No, he understood what you meant. But the format selection depends on the media and profile used. If it's a CD, the format is limited based on the profile you select. If it's a DVD, then MDS is the only option.

#5 FalseReality

FalseReality

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

I think I found the problem. When I go to options -> general -> data type settings and I change the Disc Type to Playstation 2 I press ok. I recheck the options and it reverts back to Audio CD. Maybe that's it?

#6 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:08 PM

I'm assuming that Final Fantasy 12 is indeed on DVD and not CD (unless its on multple discs) therefore there is only one option, mds. You cannot create an ISO with Alcohol from a DVD.

When creating images there is no need to change the datatype in your options, simply change it on the first screen of the Image Making Wizard, then click Next.

#7 FalseReality

FalseReality

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

Hmm, I watched a video of this guy making a .ISO file with a Final Fantasy X disc.

Do the new versions not have that capability anymore? I'm sure Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 are both DVD-ROMs. The program I'm using for the emulator only reads .ISO not .MDS so I'm really relying on this program. There's nothing else like it.. well nothing easier.

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

The total size of the image in that clip is 620Mbs so I would assume its a CD whereas yours... is not.

What he is doing in that clip is actually illegal. Cracks and Mini Images break the EULA for games and therefore are not acceptable on this forum.

#9 FalseReality

FalseReality

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

Oh, I apologize. I didn't realize that it was illegal. I will stop my project of mine. Thank you for all your efforts anyway. This program is still of use to me. I have disks to back-up. I appreciate your active software support. Best forum support I've seen in all my life so far. smile.gif

#10 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

We can still help you back up your disc, but it will have to be done in its entirety and without any cd cracks.

What size is the disc you are trying to back up?

#11 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:07 AM

About the ISO issue:
1. If the disk is a CD make the image using the Normal CD datatype( be aware that important data for bypassing the copy protection such as subchannel data won't be included).
2. If the disk is a DVD just rename the .mdf image that you make from it to .iso

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users