• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nifelseki

nifelseki

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:03 PM

it would be neat if we have vIDE just like in Daemon Tools Pro.. i might be wrong but vIDE in Daemon Tools allowed to override the Tages protection built into The Witcher which then gave way to just using an image or mini image of The Witcher to play it.. blink.gif

#2 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

Well, as far as I know, VIDE is the exclusive feature of Daemon Tools, Alcohol team has no plan to develop it at the moment. However, Alcohol may come up with something else.

These are what I heard some time before, and may not be the facts now.

Edited by MaLing, 03 December 2007 - 09:47 PM.

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:27 PM

Correct. There are no plans to incorporate vIDE into Alcohol. It's always possible that could change sometime in the future, but at this point in time it seems unlikely.

#4 nifelseki

nifelseki

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:41 AM

awww.. vIDE would be nice to have.. oh well.. can we have something else that can bypass tages..? please.gif

#5 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:53 PM

vIDE is not actualy requierd to run an image created with tages dumper, the image will run just as well in Alcohols virtual drive

#6 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

Excuse me, just a little point: The legality of mini images is very suspicious, normally it is avoided to discuss here. smile.gif

#7 nifelseki

nifelseki

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (MaLing @ Dec 4 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excuse me, just a little point: The legality of mini images is very suspicious, normally it is avoided to discuss here. smile.gif

How are mini images any more illegal than a backup image? Anyways, I would use the actual backup images if I can.

I use an external HDD to store a catalogue of CDs/DVDs of drivers, software, games and music that i bought. I want to preserve them as much as I can by not using them again and again. This is one of the biggest reasons I invested in software like Alcohol 120%. It's also easier to look for an image on one place rather through a pile of boxes, cases, and sleeves. Games that have protection that prevent one from using images from the CDs/DVDs that one actually owns/purchased/licensed are actually very annoying. blink.gif

Edited by nifelseki, 05 December 2007 - 09:28 AM.

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:07 AM

Generally when you make a back up of anything it must be in its entirety. You're not allowed to modify it in any way or manner that is not intended by the copyright holder / developer. It's a bit of a gray area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users