#1 beamerman

beamerman

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

Hi,

I have just installed Alcohol 120% to backup a copy of BF2. I am not to familiar with copy protection types and have searched the forum to find which one I should use, but to no avail. I found CloneXXL and ran that on the game and it came up with Safedisk V2. When I chose the Safedisk 2/3/4 datatype, it gave an error of "No RPMS info available and cannot write the data". I changed the datatype to Safedisk 2/3/4 EFM Writer and it went through the next steps OK, but when it was dumping the data into image, the log window was displaying hundreds of disk read errors and it is very slow in the read.
Is this normal? and if not, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

{System report removed - Jito463}

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

If the game is on CD, then this is perfectly normal. Safedisc contains intentional subchannel errors that Alcohol must skip through in order to make the image. Some drives can read these rather fast (a few minutes), some drives can take an hour or even longer to read them.

As for ClonyXXL, that hasn't been updated in so long that it's worthless now. Download ProtectionID instead. They have a new public beta version that has just been released, or the older, stable version is available as well.

#3 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:00 AM

intentional subchannel errors

Jito, I suppose you wanted to say "intentional read errors".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users