11 replies to this topic

#1 jerry775

jerry775

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

I have tried to burn many different games and cannot play them after like Need for speed (carbon) Medal of honor (airborne) and others. It tells me I need to put the right disc in to play. But they have a completer full burn and I can see the image on the disc under my computer. Here is a report that you will ask of me.

Edited by Robbo, 27 January 2008 - 10:59 AM.
System Report removed.

#2 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:01 AM

Have you tried using YASU.

#3 jerry775

jerry775

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

I down loaded it just now can you please explain how to use it? Thank you.

#4 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Please read the Readme.txt file contained in the YASU zip archive file.

#5 jerry775

jerry775

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:22 PM

there is no readme txt only cloak and uncloak buttons nothing else.

#6 jerry775

jerry775

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

Alright I just read about it click on it once during a windows seasion to hide SCSI drives sorry I don't use SCSI drives. Besides it don't work after trying it I get the same message........please insert the correct CD-ROM and click ok to start. But when I put the disk in it comes up and I click on play but it keeps saying........... please insert the correct cd-rom and then click ok to start

Edited by jerry775, 27 January 2008 - 06:33 PM.

#7 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

When you unpack the zip archive you will get a number of files of which one of them is the readme.txt file.

How did you make the images? ie: what datatype did you select inside Alcohol when making them.

#8 jerry775

jerry775

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:02 AM

copy dvd to dvd yes they are dvd format not cd. I just did a copy straight across.

#9 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:46 AM

Therein lies the problem. You need to create the image first on a copy protected disc, and you need to select the proper settings to create the disc. Download ProtectionID and scan the discs and/or install directory to find out the exact copy protection used.

#10 jerry775

jerry775

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Jan 28 2008, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Therein lies the problem. You need to create the image first on a copy protected disc, and you need to select the proper settings to create the disc. Download ProtectionID and scan the discs and/or install directory to find out the exact copy protection used.

I download the file and go to open it and it starts to open then closes. I tried it on another computer and the same thing happens. Is this a program or something that runs in the back ground? Is there another one you no of I can try?
So if I am to make an image and if I was able to find what protection it has what do I do then?

#11 jerry775

jerry775

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (jerry775 @ Jan 30 2008, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jito463 @ Jan 28 2008, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I download the file and go to open it and it starts to open then closes. I tried it on another computer and the same thing happens. Is this a program or something that runs in the back ground? Is there another one you no of I can try?
So if I am to make an image and if I was able to find what protection it has what do I do then?

I just downloaded protectionID on my friends computer also and it will not open there either this is now 3 different computers it don't work on. Windows asks what program do you want to open it with because it don't know what created it. I cannot get it opened. So I would gather this is the end of my help from you?

#12 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

It's a RAR file. You will need to download a separate tool to unpack it.

http://www.rarlab.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users