Photo

How to get DPM info for dual layer dvd (2nd layer)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 alco

alco

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:07 PM

Hello All ,

I am seeking out for a little bit of guidance as to how to successfully get DPM info for the 2nd layer on dual dvds.

I am using Alcohol 120% 1.9.6.5429

I have no real problems with the settings (I think) & I can create image files quite successfully , But my problem is that during the process of creating a image from a dual layer dvd. All DPM analysis is fine up until the last half of analysis , I will recieve a warning type error in the log box saying "cannot get DPM info from 2nd layer of dvd disc , But DPM info for disc 1 is successful" & the image dumping just continues.

I have now tried 2 attempts on 2 different dual layer dvds. Both times it could not get DPM info for 2nd layer of the dvd. But image dumping was still successful to a degree. (As the image files would load in alcohol 120% , But to how far it works i am unsure as i have not tried & am a bit suspect about it.)

Could someone please help me with how to get DPM info on the 2nd layer from a dual layer dvd smile.gif

Thankyou

Edited by alco, 10 February 2008 - 10:14 PM.

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:52 PM

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#3 alco

alco

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Feb 11 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi zamiel ,

Yes sure i can post the "system info" & i understand you cannot reply to my question until it is sent , It is quite large though , is there any way to send it to you via private message ? If not i have no worries posting it here. Just let me know.

...I have also updated to Alcohol120% 1.9.7.6022 , But still with the exact same problem. I am sensing that a incorrect setting maybe causing it.

Tnx

#4 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:25 AM

PM may work, though since you're not a registered member (meaning, a customer), then it may be disabled for you. Usually we just have people copy and paste it into their post. If you want to shorten the post, just put it in [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] blocks.

#5 alco

alco

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:39 AM

Hi Jito463 ,

Thanks for the help.

Well...Heres the "system info"

& By the way , I have a scanner to determine discs protections. For the 2 dvds i tried they were - Securom & Securom 7

Tnx

#6 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

We are aware that some drives have difficulty in obtaining DPM from the second layer and are working on a solution.

#7 alco

alco

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

I see ,

Ill give it a try on my newer pc.

Thanks for the help

Edited by alco, 11 February 2008 - 01:09 PM.

#8 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

I have the exact same drive as you. With the latest beta, I was able to extract the full DPM (not just the first layer) from Supreme Commander. I still need to test with some older games, but with all my previous games I also got just the first layer. The next version should have better luck. Though to be fair, the images work just fine with the first layer only.

#9 alco

alco

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

Nice to hear we have something in common Jito463 tongue.gif

Thanks for the info.

So in other words , Creating a image for a dual layer dvd the image will work 100% correct with only the first layer DPM info successfully read ?

Tnx

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:54 AM

The least to say is that there is no game untill now that it didn't.

#11 alco

alco

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hi Charalambos ,

Cool , Being a newbie i was just making sure.

Thanks for the info & help peoples.

cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users