5 replies to this topic

#1 Teknowolf

Teknowolf

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:40 AM

I get a dialog box during install of the trial thats says "Internal error please contact technical support"

thanks in advance for any and all help

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:49 AM

Try installing in safe mode. If it doesn't help download the standalone installer/uninstaller from www.duplexsecure.com and try to install the SPTD layer first, if you are successfull then go on installing Alcohol.

#3 Teknowolf

Teknowolf

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Feb 12 2008, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try installing in safe mode. If it doesn't help download the standalone installer/uninstaller from www.duplexsecure.com and try to install the SPTD layer first, if you are successfull then go on installing Alcohol.

OK I tried installing from safe mode....... same error "Internal setup error : please contact tech support" tried to install SPTD 1.50 got error message a newer SPTD is already installed please run its setup to config .......... where would the newer SPTD's setup be located if it was installed with default settings? and or any other ideas for me to complete this install are greatly appreciated

System
Vista Home Prem
AMD X2 Dual 3600
1.5 Gb Ram
Nvidia chipset

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:49 AM

The latest SPTD version is 1.55, as it was said you can find it at www.duplexsecure.com. Use it to uninstall SPTD and then, after rebooting, try to install SPTD and Alcohol in safe mode.

#5 TechnoLover

TechnoLover

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:30 AM

It's not only Teknowolf who's suffering from the mentioned internal setup error, it even occurs on Windows Vista Home Basic which is the system I run. When installing I get the same error and the installer close by itself. How do I fix this? Thanks for help in advance. smile.gif.

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:04 AM

Please follow the directions in this topic, if you are unsuccesfull pease return to it mentioning what you have tried to do and what the results were.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users