20 replies to this topic

#1 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

I Made a Back up of a few discs from my Karaoke collection, But when I play back on a karaoke machine the text is missing parts of letters. Not real bad but small square chunks missing from some of the letters in the text. Could this be due to lack of memory? I run 512 MB DDR2 SDRam also I am using Memorex CD-R's could that be a problem?

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

Please update to the latest version to see if the problem persists.

#3 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Feb 13 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O.K I tried to install Latest Version But I get Internal Setup Error Contact Support on install

#4 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (gcamp @ Feb 14 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (zamiel @ Feb 13 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O.K I tried to install Latest Version But I get Internal Setup Error Contact Support on install

Please download the standalone SPTD installer/uninstaller from www.duplexsecure.com (should be version 1.55). Use it to deinstall first. Reboot. Install Alcohol latest trial version from this site.

#5 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:25 AM

O.K this what I did

1. download the standalone SPTD installer/uninstaller from www.duplexsecure.com version 1.55
2. Used it to uninstall older version of SPTD
3. Reboot
4. Installed Version 1.55
5. Reboot
6. Uninstall old version of alcohol
7. tried to install latest version of alcohol
8. Internal Setup Error Contact Support

I then tried to install on my house computer (computer #2 )
1. Download the latest version of alcohol
2. tried to install and recieved Internal Setup Error Contact Support
3. download the standalone SPTD installer/uninstaller from www.duplexsecure.com version 1.55
4. Used it to uninstall older version of SPTD
5. Reboot
6. Installed Version 1.55
7. Reboot
8. tried to install latest version of alcohol
9. Internal Setup Error Contact Support

Am I doing somthing wrong?

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

Please uninstall again and try to install SPTD and Alcohol in Safe Mode.

#7 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:05 AM

O.k How Do I do That?

#8 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (gcamp @ Feb 15 2008, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O.k How Do I do That?

O.k I went into safe mode by holding F8 while booting and tried to install program and get the same error "Internal Setup Error Contact Support"

#9 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:51 PM

have you tried right clicking the install exe and selecting run as administrator option.

#10 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Feb 15 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have you tried right clicking the install exe and selecting run as administrator option.

Administrator is not an option on the dropdown when I tried that. This is happening on 2 different computors that I tried to install the software on. It seems to me that the software has a glitch, I mean I can understand one Flaky computor but 2? And the second computor is brand new I have only had it 1 month. Am I the only one having this problem? Im getting a little bummed out because this seems like a great program but I cant use it. I am almost ready to purchase it but I dont want to spend more time getting it to work then I do using it.

#11 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

Try using "Run as", then. This is not normal behavior, no. I don't know why it's not working for you, but we'll do our best to get you up and running. Just out of curiosity, where did you download the trial from? This website, or another place?

#12 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Feb 15 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try using "Run as", then. This is not normal behavior, no. I don't know why it's not working for you, but we'll do our best to get you up and running. Just out of curiosity, where did you download the trial from? This website, or another place?

The first Version I found Doing a search on Google and it was downloaded from one of these shareware sights but do not remember where. This one worked but was not the updated version. Then I download the most updated version from the alcohol website. Thanks for the assistance

#13 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Well What do we now

#14 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

Could you please remove both Alcohol and SPTD from your System if installed then reboot.

To do this download the SPTD standalone Installer (http://forum.alcohol...=0) run it and choose uninstall,

If you cannot uninstall Alcohol using the uninst.exe from the program folder simply delete the Alcohol folder then open Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd and delete it (you may need to change the permissions to do this including permissions forthe SPTD/cfg key).

Then try and re-install SPTD using the standalone Installer, after your Computer has re-booted run the installer again to verify that SPTD is installed.

If SPTD is not detected and you are asked to reboot again please check the SPTD key for a r0 key if this exists then please delete then try and install SPTD again, once SPTD has been successfully installed you will be able to install Alcohol, if problems persist please check the System Eventlog Viewer for any SPTD related error messages if there are any present please send them to me including the binary bytes.

#15 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Feb 15 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you please remove both Alcohol and SPTD from your System if installed then reboot.

To do this download the SPTD standalone Installer (http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=27730&pid=134663&st=0&#entry134663) run it and choose uninstall,

If you cannot uninstall Alcohol using the uninst.exe from the program folder simply delete the Alcohol folder then open Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd and delete it (you may need to change the permissions to do this including permissions forthe SPTD/cfg key).

Then try and re-install SPTD using the standalone Installer, after your Computer has re-booted run the installer again to verify that SPTD is installed.

If SPTD is not detected and you are asked to reboot again please check the SPTD key for a r0 key if this exists then please delete then try and install SPTD again, once SPTD has been successfully installed you will be able to install Alcohol, if problems persist please check the System Eventlog Viewer for any SPTD related error messages if there are any present please send them to me including the binary bytes.

O.k Still same Error and no sptd error messages in eventlog

#16 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

Is your other computer a Pentium Celeron also( in case that the problem has anything to do with it)? Do you have the same OS in both computers? This error that you receive has to do with the installation of SPTD( when you try to install it with the standalone installer/uninstaller) or the installation of Alcohol afterwards?
Also were you able to delete the SPTD key completely? If not change the "start" value from 0 to 4, reboot and try again. You can also delete the sptd.sys file in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder in order to completely remove SPTD from your system.

#17 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Feb 16 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is your other computer a Pentium Celeron also( in case that the problem has anything to do with it)? Do you have the same OS in both computers? This error that you receive has to do with the installation of SPTD( when you try to install it with the standalone installer/uninstaller) or the installation of Alcohol afterwards?
Also were you able to delete the SPTD key completely? If not change the "start" value from 0 to 4, reboot and try again. You can also delete the sptd.sys file in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder in order to completely remove SPTD from your system.

i deleted the sptd.sys file and reinstalled sptd then alcohol and i get the same error. I dont really know much about keys and stuff. Im not new to the computer but I not a expert either at this point im not sure what to do

#18 Dagwood15

Dagwood15

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

I get the same error, tried all of the above suggestions, no luck.

Q6600, Striker Extreme, 4meg mem, vista 64

#19 gcamp

gcamp

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Dagwood15 @ Feb 17 2008, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get the same error, tried all of the above suggestions, no luck.

Q6600, Striker Extreme, 4meg mem, vista 64

This must be a glitch it the software. As I see now other peaple are having the same problem. I think The program needs to be reviewed by alcohol programers to see what has changed recently, maybe in a recent update or something. Alcohol programers should try to install trial version on a computer that never had software installed before and see result. I dont know why but I have a hunch that it has to do with something to combat software piracy. There is no way that this problem can occur on my 2 comps and Dagwood15, teknowolf, and technolovers comp and it still be a problem on our end.

#20 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

Alcohol devs and the beta testers constantly test on clean systems. Consider also that there are many, many, many users of Alcohol that never have problems (of which I am one). What you see here are those who do have problems, gathered together in one place. After all, who goes to a support forum to post that everything is working perfectly? While every software can be buggy, every attempt is made to ensure the software works like it's supposed to. The vast majority of support issues are due to:

• User error
  • Viruses
  • Faulty hardware
  • Other conflicting software
  • And other miscellaneous issues unrelated to Alcohol

When issues are found that are caused by Alcohol or SPTD, they are fixed as soon as possible. Alcohol devs have actually gone out of their way to code around problems in OTHER drivers and software (e.g. Logitech webcam drivers, Dell Embassy Suite, etc). So I can assure you that if this is an issue with Alcohol, it will be fixed as soon as it can be.

In the meantime, can you all post an MSInfo report, so we can see if there's anything consistent between your machines? Also, can you reboot and go into your BIOS to see if ACPI is enabled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users