9 replies to this topic

#1 MisterJJ

MisterJJ

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:11 AM

I am trying to copy a Fluenz language DVD so I don’t have to haul the disk back and forth from work to home.

Analysis shows the copy protection as Safedisc 4.81.000. I’ve used Alcohol to make an image and then Daemon Tools Pro to run it off a virtual drive. I’ve also tried using YASU. I always get the same message: “Please insert correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application”.

The software states that it runs like a game and does not appear to install anything at all to the hard drive, not even a shortcut.

System Log:

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (MisterJJ @ Feb 29 2008, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am trying to copy a Fluenz language DVD so I don’t have to haul the disk back and forth from work to home.

Analysis shows the copy protection as Safedisc 4.81.000. I’ve used Alcohol to make an image and then Daemon Tools Pro to run it off a virtual drive. I’ve also tried using YASU. I always get the same message: “Please insert correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application”.

The software states that it runs like a game and does not appear to install anything at all to the hard drive, not even a shortcut.

System Log:

Mister,
Make an Image with Alcohol, use Datatype SyfeDisc. Install the game from your Image with Alcohols virtual drive. Play the game from Alcohols virtual drive and if you are getting still the same error, go to View => DVD/CD Drive EDM System and disable all your drives (except the virtua drive you will use). Don´t forget to enable all your drives after you finished!

#3 MisterJJ

MisterJJ

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:08 PM

I tried this but I still get the same message.

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:54 AM

If you want to go with Alcohol you should uninstall any related software like Daemon Tools, Clone CD e.t.c. in case they are detected by the copy protection.

Edited by Charalambos, 01 March 2008 - 08:56 AM.

#5 MisterJJ

MisterJJ

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Mar 1 2008, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want to go with Alcohol you should uninstall any related software like Daemon Tools, Clone CD e.t.c. in case they are detected by the copy protection.

Great! That did the trick. Thanks.

But... uh... Now I've got another problem. I figure that if I'm just going to be using a virtual drive I don't need 120%, I only need 52%, right? I unistalled 120% and installed 52%. Using 52% I can't disable my real drive to make the virtual one work. It functions as if it is disabling the drive but the drive doesn't go away.

Not sure if you need it, but here's the System Info from 52%:

{System report removed - Jito463}

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

Do you use an administrator account when you try to do it( directly or with the "Run as" option)?

#7 MisterJJ

MisterJJ

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Mar 4 2008, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you use an administrator account when you try to do it( directly or with the "Run as" option)?

The good news is that after I rebooted the drive was disabled and it worked perfectly! Thanks!

The bad news is that I got a new version on DVD and it doesn't work.
I scanned it and this one has Safedisc 4.85.000. I checked for updates to the Alcohol software and there were none so I guess this version of Safedisc is just not going to work yet.

#8 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:28 AM

Have you tried disabling your physical drives again or using YASU?

#9 MisterJJ

MisterJJ

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Mar 18 2008, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you tried disabling your physical drives again or using YASU?

I had disabled the physical drive like before but no dice. I loaded the image of the old version and it still works.

I also tried using YASU 1.3.7071 but that didn't work either. The latest version is 1.4 but it requires Daemon Tools, which I had uninstalled.

Any ideas on what else to try?

Thanks.

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:15 AM

YASU 1.3.7071 is the same with YASU 1.4.7080 except for the second working only with Daemon Tools.
As for the copy protection it seems that we must wait for an update of Alcohol or YASU. There are other tools like SD4 Hider and pr0t.st0p that you can try in the meanwhile but I don't know if they will help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users