10 replies to this topic

#1 alessiofasano

alessiofasano

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

After installing alcohol, I registered it copying the code received by mail, but continuously every minute the product result as unregistered.
For a moment appear to be registered , then I mount an iso truing to explorer and receive a message that says the image could be damaged.CHecking the status of alcohol appear to be again unregisterd; if I click again on the registration button it registers again, but on the first action I perform I go back to the beginnin.
I tryed already many uninstall actions, even manually and reinstallation. Al ways same behaviour.
i would appreciate your help.Thanks in advance

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (alessiofasano @ Mar 8 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After installing alcohol, I registered it copying the code received by mail, but continuously every minute the product result as unregistered.
For a moment appear to be registered , then I mount an iso truing to explorer and receive a message that says the image could be damaged.CHecking the status of alcohol appear to be again unregisterd; if I click again on the registration button it registers again, but on the first action I perform I go back to the beginnin.
I tryed already many uninstall actions, even manually and reinstallation. Al ways same behaviour.
i would appreciate your help.Thanks in advance

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#3 alessiofasano

alessiofasano

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:25 AM

Thank PTOLOMEUS3 for your instruction.
Here is my report generated within alcohol.
Any non legal version have never been installed before on my pc. I'm encountering the problem with the buyed version, and this i s also the first time I use you product , so I'm not very expert using it.
Regards

Edited by ptolomeus3, 09 March 2008 - 05:43 AM.
System Report removal

#4 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:54 AM

Hello alessiofasano,

Thank you for your System Report, we will check this.

Did you read this: http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=26725 ?

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

You should also update Alcohol to its latest version( 1.9.7.6221).

#6 alessiofasano

alessiofasano

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Mar 9 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Accesisng the alcohol site with my credentials I cannot find the retail version 1.9.7.6221, but just the trial;
If I doawnlaod and install the trial I will be able to license it?
tks

#7 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (alessiofasano @ Mar 9 2008, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Accesisng the alcohol site with my credentials I cannot find the retail version 1.9.7.6221, but just the trial;
tks

No, you cannot make a trial a retail version.

Did you read my post?

#8 alessiofasano

alessiofasano

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (ptolomeus3 @ Mar 9 2008, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (alessiofasano @ Mar 9 2008, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tks

No, you cannot make a trial a retail version.

Did you read my post?

Yes, I read it.
I registered myself immediately after buying, but the only version I can download from my section is 1.9.6.5429.
That's why I'm a bit confused. I don't know why is not available the latest version in my section.

if you have any advice , i will appreciate.
thanks

#9 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

Your license is not entitled to update to v1.9.7.6221, despite the version available in your account is the same version number as your boxed CD version, please uninstall Alcohol, install the download version and activate it with your 114 digit serial number available in your account. If you still get same problem (Alcohol losing registration information after mount/unmount an image through shell extension in Windows explorer) with the download version then please let us know.

#10 alessiofasano

alessiofasano

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (NARS @ Mar 10 2008, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your license is not entitled to update to v1.9.7.6221, despite the version available in your account is the same version number as your boxed CD version, please uninstall Alcohol, install the download version and activate it with your 114 digit serial number available in your account. If you still get same problem (Alcohol losing registration information after mount/unmount an image through shell extension in Windows explorer) with the download version then please let us know.

After unistalling/reinstalling and licensing alcohol with the 114 digit serial number I’m still encountering the same problem.

#11 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

We have found this was indeed a problem in this version of Alcohol, our development team have now fixed it and new version (same version number) was uploaded to our server, please uninstall Alcohol, restart Windows and then redownload and reinstall it again and your problem will be fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users