• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zacoz

zacoz

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:44 AM

It would be good if the functionality of the EDM window could be incorporated into the main window's Device List. In this way if you right click on a drive you would have an option to disable/enable the selected drive. When disabled, instead of disappearing, the drive would remain displayed just with a "red X" over it as in the EDM window. This would avoid having to open a separate EDM window and reduce the number of clicks required to disable/enable a drive.

#2 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Yes, this is a good and convenient idea.

However, from my personal observation, this EDM function in Alcohol is just a link to the Windows Control Panel. It is not really a function of Alcohol, it is just provided for the ease of users, in fact this should be operated through Windows.

(I must emphasise that this is just my own observation, and it may not be the truth. I discovered that because I switched my Alcohol to English interface, then I executed EDM in Alcohol, and EDM displayed Chinese instead of English, the reason was that My Windows was Chinese version.)

If it is a link to Windows, then it will possibly be very tricky to incoporate Windows's component to Alcohol. Again, the developers always have their opinions, I may be wrong.

#3 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:43 AM

MaLing, your new signature is really optimistic smile.gif , yet we are not all and always lucky... sad.gif

#4 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

In real life sadly we are not, but that is for what HOPE exists. biggrin.gif We do not bless people for full ten fingers becasue we already have, blessing is just not necessary for them. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users