#1 raspSoft

raspSoft

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hi@all,
after I installed Alcohol 120% I could'nt shut down the computer normally. Windows did shut down all the applications running, but did not shut down after it. I had to push the reset-Button to shut him down.
This was the first problem. The second one is that I can't write on cd's/dvd's with winamp (it says that the cd has a capacity of 0.01) and with windows media player (tells to connect a cd-writer). Still the drives are visible even in the explorer.
can anyone help me? I don't wan't to make a whole new windows-installation sad.gif
Thanks in advance,
raspSoft

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

Please post a system report from within Alcohol as required here:

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#3 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

From where did you download that version of Alcohol?

#4 raspSoft

raspSoft

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (ptolomeus3 @ Nov 5 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought a PC-Magazine which offered Alcohol 120% because of it's anniversary....

Another Problem: I uploaded the system info file twice but it never stays in the forum and disappears. what can i do?

#5 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (raspSoft @ Nov 5 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ptolomeus3 @ Nov 5 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought a PC-Magazine which offered Alcohol 120% because of it's anniversary....

Another Problem: I uploaded the system info file twice but it never stays in the forum and disappears. what can i do?

The system report has been removed, thatīs OK that way!

#6 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:13 AM

Hello raspSoft, the Version of Alcohol that you are using is a Franzis Verlag version, normally Franzis Verlag do all support for there versions of Alcophol.

The problems that you are experiencing with shutting down your computer can normally not be caused by Alcohol unless another program on your system is causing a conflict, with regards to your problem with Winamp or Windows Media Player I can only recomend that you first try removing the upper & lower filters.

Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and
the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that
software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

and if that doesnt help then visit Duplex Secure (http://www.duplexsec...om/en/downloads) to download the SPTD installer then either try to update SPTD or remove it from your system.

#7 raspSoft

raspSoft

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

It didn't help... I tried all the possible solutions sad.gif

Thanks nevertheless for the help.

raspSoft

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

Have you tried uninstalling Alcohol, rebooting in to Safe Mode and re-installing Alcohol?

#9 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:26 AM

Have you tried updating SPTD as proposed by Robbo?

#10 raspSoft

raspSoft

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:52 AM

Out of nothing shutting down is functioning.

Re-installing Alcohol has changed nothing, neither updating the SPTD. Seems like I must burn CDs with another PC in the household.

Thanks for the help,
raspSoft

Edited by raspSoft, 07 November 2008 - 10:53 AM.

#11 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:59 AM

I think you should also ask for help at the Franzis Verlag support, they may be able to give you a newer version of the software in order to help you solve your problem.

#12 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

Alternativly you could purchase the discounted update to our full present non crippled version from http://shop.alcohol-...upgradeinfo.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users