• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:24 PM

Wow! 6 emails from Alcohols automated information service in one day. Must be a record. laugh.gif

#2 luciano

luciano

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:36 PM

Yes. I recived them too. Is there a problem (it says version 1.4.0.103 blink.gif )?

#3 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:39 PM

You should have recieved one from phoenix explaining why it seems that we have a little bug in the Forum Mailing System and this is the reason you will have recieved them.

Once again our apologies hopefully we will soon have this sorted.

#4 jimrad1

jimrad1

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:11 AM

I bought this program about a month ago. Today I have received 45 emails with the same update information. How do I stop my email box from being spammed. I dont mind one or two updates but this is nuts. Something is broken on your auto mailer.

Jim R.

#5 maxxcool

maxxcool

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:24 AM

i highly doubt its the alcohol site as i have yet to recieve any mail except two pieces a while ago, likely ISP has a mail sync problem and thinks you neve got the mail and is shoving multiple copies down the pipe....

maxx....

#6 Lvsitano

Lvsitano

Portuguese Translator

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:34 AM

Hello.

Check this news

#7 Netman (R.I.P)

Netman (R.I.P)

Administration

• Honorary Administrator
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:37 AM

make sure your system is virus-free also. klez and bugbear are both recent virii that could cause such a problem. but like maxxcool says it could also just be a problem with your isp.

#8 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:58 AM

Hi jimrad1, it appears that our host Fubra have problems with one of there Servers, this is a bulk mail we sent last year, we have contacted them about the problem and they have told us that these mails will stop, once again we apologise for the inconvinience caused by these emails and hope you will understand that this incedent is/was totally out of our hands.

#9 rob

rob

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:00 AM

Well...............I received 10 of them today

#10 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:06 AM

As i just explained in the main forum our host has had some problems with there mail server and for some reason its sending emails that we sent last year to notify people of a new version, we have contacted them about this problem and hope that it will be shortly solved.

#11 rob

rob

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:08 AM

Maybe, just for fun, we could run a contest and see who gets the most. LOL

#12 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:26 AM

An update: It appears that this problem was caused by a Mail queue on our Hosts Mail Server which for some reason had a backlog of emails that it never sent untill yesterday, they have have now stopped this so there should be no more of these emails which we actually sent last year.

As already stated we apologise for the inconvience caused and hope you understand that this was a matter totally out of our hands.

#13 Venger

Venger

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:40 AM

Well, I still seem to be receiving them - had one just now. That makes about 25 so far today. I love visiting spam city! :mat:

#14 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:49 AM

Just delete them...this is hardly spam! Sheesh, everyone's had the explanation ad infinitum.

#15 Netman (R.I.P)

Netman (R.I.P)

Administration

• Honorary Administrator
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Pappy @ Mar 14 2003, 08:29 PM)
Just delete them...this is hardly spam! Sheesh, everyone's had the explanation ad infinitum.

yeah, and at least they're virus-free. tongue.gif

#16 jimrad1

jimrad1

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 02:16 AM

Still getting them here 12 in the last 20 minutes. Well when I have 40 emails in one day from the same place filling up my mail box its spam biggrin.gif I understand its just a technical problem. Its not a back log in my opinion. Its the exactly the same email over and over again. I have my Nortons definitions up to date and my system is virus free. Its a technical problem it appears. The funny thing is in MY CONTROLS I have it set for no updates via email. Maybe the virus is on the server side.

Jim R.

#17 Venger

Venger

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 02:45 AM

I'm still getting them here too. My point earlier was that Robbo seemed to indicate in his update post that they had stopped. But for some of us this is clearly not the case. And although some may not consider it spam, its still an inconvenience to some of us. That aside, these things happen. I'm just miffed that I continue to get them when Robbo seemed to suggest otherwise.

#18 jimrad1

jimrad1

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 03:29 AM

You are receiving this mail as part of our support system to keep you up-to-date with new versions of Alcohol.
Regards phoenix,
Alcohol Support Team.
-------------------------------------------------------
New
1. Enhanced the DVD media identify procedure,. (included DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM/DVD+R/DVD+RW).
2. Full support for Microsoft new OS - Longhorn.
3. Support burning RMPS from BWT/BWI/BWS + BWA files.
4. You can now use Alcohol Device Manager to see the manufacturer ID. of DVD+R and DVD+RW media.

Add
1. Add StarForce 1.x/2.x profile.
2. Update laguage files..
3. Supports more devices, You can find more detailed information at (Link: www.alcohol-soft.com/devsupp
)www.alcohol-soft.com/devsupp

Fix
1. Fix some minor problems and some new blacklist problems.

Download Available from the Alcohol Sales site (Link: www.alcohol-software.com)www.alcohol-software.com

-------------------------------------
Alcohol Support Forums Statistics:
Registered Users 2330
Total Posts 8418
Busiest Time: 108 users were online on 15th November 2002 - 03:26 PM

Handy Links
Board Address: http://forum.alcohol...e.com/index.php
Lost Password Recovery: http://forum.alcohol...act=Reg&CODE=10

Maybe email content will help you track it down. This is number 62 today all the same email and content.
The suggestion to simply delete is good when limited to just a dozen. I have a business to run here and it takes a lot of my time to sort through all this. Please find a way to correct this as soon as possible. I do not want to come in Monday morning and have several hundred emails to sort through.

Jim R.

#19 jimrad1

jimrad1

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 04:40 AM

Never mind, I had my ISP block the email address permanently.

Jim R.

#20 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 05:42 AM

that can backfire for ALOT of people on your server or ISP. that is something YOU could have took care of. by setting up a rule in your cliet. I work for an isp and for one customer to request such an act and for us to respond that way is VERY uncustomer friendly. when you already know that the company has admitted to the problem and said it will be fixed. becuase if i was with your isp and i couldnt get my PM emails or even a post notify would tick me off. Before jumping over the deep end try to do things on the local level meaning your PC. im with you i hated getting all the spam but im not going ot call my data Noc and say block all emails from such and such its unfare to the other paying customers.im not flaiming you lets not turn this post into that but im just making a stament. DO things on a local level and if it dosnt work ask for help. no telling how many view my webcam spam mails you have. this one was controlable. :woot: :ninja2: :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users