33 replies to this topic

#21 RichPA

RichPA

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (Robbo @ Mar 14 2003, 11:06 PM)
An update: It appears that this problem was caused by a Mail queue on our Hosts Mail Server which for some reason had a backlog of emails that it never sent untill yesterday, they have have now stopped this so there should be no more of these emails which we actually sent last year.

As already stated we apologise for the inconvience caused and hope you understand that this was a matter totally out of our hands.

As of 12:30 a.m. EST Saturday Morning I am still getting these e-mails. I have recieved 30 or so at this point and they are still rolling in. Might want to contact them again about it cause they sure haven't stopped them as far as I can tell.......

#22 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 12:23 AM

As Admin of the forum, I am sincerely sorry for all who have received these mails, I have only just returned from CeBit in Hannover Germany, and have sent an apology to all people who have emailed us concerning this incident, we are truly sorry and this is not a Spam attempt and my Tech Admin (Robbo) has explained the problem all I can ask is that you bear with us, we have done all we can to resolve this problem but naturally there is the possibility that some people may still receive this email due to a lag in there isp mail client. We are taking all steps to ensure that this does not happen again

#23 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 12:39 AM

I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER FOR CREDIT!!! O wait thats my customers that would say that smile.gif. WE understand things happen. If you REALLY want to make it up to use i got ONE word for ya ICE wink.gif. :woot: :ninja2:

#24 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 12:45 AM

Yes, Phoenix, no worries.....certainly not what I would call SPAM. You guys are all doing a great job and we appreciate it. :beer:

#25 roady

roady

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:49 PM

Oh well.......better receive 10 Alcohol update messages than 10 emails about how to enlarge your penis.... biggrin.gif
Anyway,THX to the crew for explaining the problem... smile.gif

#26 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (roady @ Mar 16 2003, 01:29 PM)
Oh well.......better receive 10 Alcohol update messages than 10 emails about how to enlarge your penis.... biggrin.gif

Well if you subscribe to those sites!!!!!!!! wink.gif laugh.gif :whistle:

#27 Zarathustra

Zarathustra

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 10:08 PM

you don't need to subscribe... post in the usenet or have a website with your email-address and you're a potential spam victim... i NEVER subscribed to ANY of this bullshit because i know exactly what will happen then but still i currently get about 6 to 10 spam emails a day...

#28 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Sergei.Gradski @ Mar 16 2003, 08:48 PM)
you don't need to subscribe... post in the usenet or have a website with your email-address and you're a potential spam victim... i NEVER subscribed to ANY of this bullshit because i know exactly what will happen then but still i currently get about 6 to 10 spam emails a day...

Oooooohhhh Touchy tongue.gif wink.gif
I believe ya :whistle:

#29 Zarathustra

Zarathustra

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 11:30 PM

#30 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 11:35 PM

i dont tongue.gif :woot: :ninja2:

#31 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 12:34 AM

Does it work??? ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

#32 roady

roady

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Pappy @ Mar 17 2003, 01:14 AM)
Does it work??? ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Nope....... sad.gif

laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#33 jimrad1

jimrad1

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 11:25 PM

I understand your view point but I disagree. When its affecting your business you need to act quicly. I gave it time and even after the repairs were said to have been made I was still getting them. The problem is solved for me. I prefer to visit the site rather than get notifications anyway. A lot of people feel the same way.

Cheers

Jim

#34 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (jimrad1 @ Mar 17 2003, 10:05 PM)
I understand your view point but I disagree. When its affecting your business you need to act quicly. I gave it time and even after the repairs were said to have been made I was still getting them. The problem is solved for me. I prefer to visit the site rather than get notifications anyway. A lot of people feel the same way.

Cheers

Jim

Sorry i'm confused are you talking about Alcohol spam or penis enlargement cos i can see how that can affect your business if your a gigilo :in: :whistle: wink.gif

Are the repairs painful i just thought it was tablets :pinch:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users