#1 Googleman

Googleman

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

sorry for making another topic for this problem but it seems unrepairable.

First of all i am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit (which is same as this "windows 7 beta" Bjorn was using in another topic ), and i havent had this problem on windows XP's (sp1, sp2, sp3).
The problem is that i cant install any version of SPTD on this windows.
First the installation starts, then it asks for restart and after restart, it says the SPTD isnt installed. After that the installation is repeating and asks for countless restarts and so on without any progress. I tried everything from deleting it from services and registry then installing again, to trying all versions but nothing helps. And believe me, there are many people with the same problem. Both users of Windows Vista Ultimate and "Windows 7 beta" have it.

If anyone know how to fix this problem or just give me an idea of what i could try to do, it'll be appreciated.

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:22 AM

First of all i am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit (which is same as this "windows 7 beta" Bjorn was using in another topic )

No, it isn't the same. Which one are you using? If you are using the "windows 7 beta" then it just isn't supported for now as you must have read in the other related topics. Nothing more and nothing less. huh.gif

#3 Googleman

Googleman

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Dec 31 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all i am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit (which is same as this "windows 7 beta" Bjorn was using in another topic )

No, it isn't the same. Which one are you using? If you are using the "windows 7 beta" then it just isn't supported for now as you must have read in the other related topics. Nothing more and nothing less. huh.gif

You see, i did some research on Windows 7 beta Ultimate 32bit, since my brother is using it. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit as i wrote earlier, but the reason i said it is the same as Windows 7 is next:
1. You can only install drivers for Windows Vista on Windows 7

#4 Googleman

Googleman

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

Sorry didnt finish this... problems with connection

2. The programs are reporting that my bro is using Windows Vista instead win 7 beta he is using now.
3. Windows 7 beta is just Win Vista in newer build (build 6.1.6956) so dont use that as a reason for SPTD problem. Not even one program is actually compatible with win 7 beta. One more time Win 7 beta Ultimate = Win Vista Ultimate.

So if you could tell me the way to fix the problem, i could to the same to fix problem on my brothers comp with win 7 beta installed.

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:31 AM

For Windows Vista: you must post a system report in order to get support per the forum rules:
http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

For Windows 7: Alcohol doesn't work on Windows 7 at the moment, please don't waste your time and ours.

#6 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

As stated in a number of Windows 7 posts, Microsoft had not released the official beta by the time you have made this post, so it means either your brother is a member of the lucky few press and beta testers who got an early look or one of the milions who have downloaded a leaked version from the Internet. Either way, Charalambos sums it up. You use a beta version of an operating system at your own risk.

You cannot expect companies to provide support for an ever changing operating system and 99% of these will wait for a final release even before looking at compatibility problems. It's a matter of economics, why spend hours looking in to an issue that may be solved or reintroduced with the next beta of the operating system.

Alcohol-Soft does not produce SPTD, it simply licences it from DuplexSecure. Perhaps you should try their forums.

#7 dgmdan

dgmdan

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

Even though Windows 7 isn't officially supported, I can confirm that I'm having the same issue the OP describes in the official 7 beta.

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:44 AM

As Windows 7 is still a beta I doubt the DEVS will look in to issues at this point in time. As SPTD is not produced by Alcohol-Soft perhaps you should try their forums as previously stated. Sorry we cannot be of more help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users