14 replies to this topic

#1 core2duo

core2duo

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

I have gta san andreas pc(original) and I noticed that the dvd is starting to get scratches so I want to make a backup copy which I can use, to play the game. I've made an image using 'image making wizard' with with skip reading errors ticked and data position measurement set to high and it successfully made image which I later on used with the image burning wizard to put the image on a blank dvd and it was again successful. I have inspected the copied Dvd and everything seemed fine except when tried to play the game it came up with something like 'Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc'. Is there any other way of copying gta san andreas using Alcohol 120. Would copy wizard work???????

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

Please post your system report from within Alcohol as requested by the forum guidelines. Thank you!

QUOTE (core2duo @ Apr 16 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have gta san andreas pc(original) and I noticed that the dvd is starting to get scratches so I want to make a backup copy which I can use, to play the game. I've made an image using 'image making wizard' with with skip reading errors ticked and data position measurement set to high and it successfully made image which I later on used with the image burning wizard to put the image on a blank dvd and it was again successful. I have inspected the copied Dvd and everything seemed fine except when tried to play the game it came up with something like 'Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc'. Is there any other way of copying gta san andreas using Alcohol 120. Would copy wizard work???????

#3 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

Thank you, I have removed your system report.

Have you tried using the ACID wizard to help with blacklisting issues? (Where the copy protection detects that the presence of Alcohol and refuses to run from a backup).

Did you use Maximum Read Speed whilst obtaining the DPM?

#4 core2duo

core2duo

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Apr 17 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you, I have removed your system report.

Have you tried using the ACID wizard to help with blacklisting issues? (Where the copy protection detects that the presence of Alcohol and refuses to run from a backup).

Did you use Maximum Read Speed whilst obtaining the DPM?

I haven't used the 'acid wizard' but how do i use it? when I put the backup DVD into my computer do I need to cloak it or uncloak it?? Using the 'image making wizard' I was unable to obtain the dpm, even with maximum speed and lowest speed. Would the 'copy wizard' work??

#5 core2duo

core2duo

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

I was finally able to obtain a dpm and I burned the dvd with rmps and I have tried the acid wizard but it's not recognizing the dvd and I still get the message ''original disc could not be found or authenticated.

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

As far as the game is protected by SecuROM (which I don't know):
1.Did you check the image that you made if it is working before burning it?
2.When trying to play with the backup did you activate the "RMPS" and (if the drive is a burner) the "Ignore Media Type" emulations from the Alcohol's emulation options?

#7 core2duo

core2duo

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Apr 17 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as the game is protected by SecuROM (which I don't know):
1.Did you check the image that you made if it is working before burning it?
2.When trying to play with the backup did you activate the "RMPS" and (if the drive is a burner) the "Ignore Media Type" emulations from the Alcohol's emulation options?

I haven't checked the image but I am positive it was working before I burned it. I've activated everything in the emulation option but still I get the message ''Original disc could not be found or authenticated''. But the all the menus, files, folders etc seems to be there in the backup disc.

#8 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

I haven't checked the image but I am positive it was working before I burned it.

How are you so sure? In fact this error message means that you try to play the game with a bad image/copy. Try making the image again using several speeds when obtaining the DPM, (starting from the minimum one if it is a CD or from the maximum one if it is a DVD), make sure that it works when mounted to a virtual drive (this means that you can play the game with it) and then, if you want so, burn it with the RMPS data.

#9 core2duo

core2duo

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Apr 18 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't checked the image but I am positive it was working before I burned it.

How are you so sure? In fact this error message means that you try to play the game with a bad image/copy. Try making the image again using several speeds when obtaining the DPM, (starting from the minimum one if it is a CD or from the maximum one if it is a DVD), make sure that it works when mounted to a virtual drive (this means that you can play the game with it) and then, if you want so, burn it with the RMPS data.

When copying the image should I 'skip read errors' and what should I select in the 'datatype'. I also have nero 6 and dvd shrink if that helps.

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

Since the game is protected by Securom you must of course use the SecuROM NEW (4/5/7) datatype if it is a CD and the SecuROM datatype if it is a DVD. If you are not sure about the copy protection search in the net for a tool called ProtectionID and use it to determine which is the type and the version of the copy protection. If it detects SecuROM you must scan the game's installation folder to find its exact version.

#11 core2duo

core2duo

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

It finally works!!!!!!!!!!

#12 majikmax

majikmax

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

hey core2duo, i have the same problme as you did except i am a completly new to all this so i was wondering if you could gice me an approximate step by step instruction on how you managed to get it to work as i desperatly want to save my disk b4 it gets too scratched. please help
please.gif

#13 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

In order to receive support you must post your system report from within Alcohol:

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

Edited by Charalambos, 19 May 2009 - 09:22 AM.

#14 majikmax

majikmax

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:36 AM

and can some one help me with my original problem, couse i really wanna know how to do it couse ive already wasted 2 dvd-r's
please.gif

#15 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

You could try using a trial version or better still, purchase rather than using an ILLEGALLY downloaded version of Alcohol.

Topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users