4 replies to this topic

#1 OAKside24

OAKside24

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:01 AM

I recently updated an app (ImgBurn 2.5.0.0) which happened to replace my Alcohol 52% File Explorer shell extension items (mount/unmount). No big problem, I thought.
I ran A52 and wanted to re-apply the shell extension items, but (long story short) I tried all kinds of things but nothing would reapply the shell extension items. Hmm...

I then decided to reinstall Alcohol 52% FE (1.9.8.7612). That's when I noticed another problem: There was no uninstaller in the Control Panel.
So I manually uninstalled (using Program Files and SPTD uninstaller.) After a restart and fresh installation, the shell extensions and uninstaller were still missing. Argh...

I used to notice many problems like this (installation/authority issues) when I had UAC enabled, but I have had UAC DISABLED for quite some time now.
I also tried installing/running A52 as administrator, to no avail. Now it really seems like there are issues with the Alcohol 52% FE (1.9.8.7612) executable.

For a quick/temp fix, maybe someone can share a registry file to add the Alcohol 52% shell extensions (mount/unmount)?
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out, confirm, or share advice on these issues.

Alcohol 52% FE (1.9.8.7612)
Vista Business SP2 (x32) (UAC disabled)
ESET Smart Security (4.0.437)

#2 OAKside24

OAKside24

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

Hmm... this ended up being more technical than I thought. My apologies. (If moved, will provide a System Report ASAP.)

#3 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

There was no uninstaller in the Control Panel.

Alcohol is not listed in the Add/remove programs tab due to blacklisting issues but you can uninstall it through the shortcut in the start menu or the uninstallation executable itself in the Alcohol's installation folder.

#4 OAKside24

OAKside24

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Jul 30 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alcohol is not listed in the Add/remove programs tab due to blacklisting issues but you can uninstall it through the shortcut in the start menu or the uninstallation executable itself in the Alcohol's installation folder.

Ah, that solves one problem. (Thanks Charalambos!) Now if I could only figure out the shell extension stuff.
Playing with the Options > Virtual Drive > Shell Extension options has gotten me nowhere.

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Well, in order to receive support on technical issues you must post your system report from within Alcohol per the forum rules:

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users