1 reply to this topic

#1 humann

humann

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:18 AM

I'm pretty PC-clueless but trying to help a friend who's sure that his alcohol trial is what messed his computer up and even though I don't use windows that makes no sense to me. he just sent in a system report apparently but the story as I get it is that he installed the Alcohol trial today (no previous versions ever, pirated or otherwise) burned one disc then was unable to find his avi files to burn a second disc. he exited alcohol to look for the files in explorer and they were still gone. then he was unable to log in after rebooting. I told him how to boot in safe mode and he was able to boot that way but he says many of his old film rips have "disappeared" from his hard drive now. launching Alcohol says "device drivers failed to load" but that's safe-mode of course. regular booting says it can't find the login profile, he says. also says he got his copy from your actual site but I'm wondering if there are more parts to this puzzle that I'm missing. trying a system restore now.

he has a very new Gateway NV79 laptop running Win7 and MacAfee which didn't have any problems.

thanks in advance for any tips you can give us. unless it's "if you're going to compute like a little girl you should get a mac." I already told him that because I was given (and took) the same advice a long time ago and never looked back ;-)

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

It would be more helpfull if your friend posted in the forum himself so that he can be asked for any questions/clarifications needed. He must also post a system report per the forum rules:

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

Edited by Charalambos, 03 June 2010 - 08:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users